Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

2 games up at a time with 2 ultimate licences?

Hi there! I have 5 groups a week currently, soon to be 7, and I was wondering if there was a way to have 2 servers up at once, maybe if I had 2 ultimate licences and 2 separate installs of Unity, but shared the campaign data folders. Would that work for allowing me to run a game in one and have another up for people to work on their characters? or would it still not work because it uses the same connection? Could I simply use different ports between the 2 sessions to keep them separate?

Any help would be appreciated!
    Unity Ultimate Paid GM
    Carrion Crown L12 - PF1e: LFP 5/3+ Mondays @1pm MT
    Wrath of the Righteous L10T3 - PF1e: 6/3+ Mondays @5PM MT
    Horde of the Dragon Queen L13- 5e LFP 5/3+ Tuesdays @5PM MT
    Rise of the Runelords B L9 - PF1e: LFP 4/3+ Wednesdays @530PM MT
    Harbingers L4 - PF1e: 5/3+ Sundays @9am MT
    Unchained Harbingers L1 - PF1e: Wednesdays @9am MT
    General Looking for Work and current.

I believe that licenses are not tied to your account so it is possible to have more than one license. Whether you can run both from the same location I don't know for sure.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Only one license per machine is supported at this time; as it ties into the machine registry. Also, the Cloud network facilitation service will only work with one hosted session per machine.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    You would need multiple machines. And as Moon says, using the Cloud game lobby you would need seperate GM user accounts (which would mean more than one license).
    I don't know if it would be within the license agreement to run the same license on multiple machines at the same time under the same account (i.e. using LAN connections).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

So, i could theoretically do it, if i had a second computer, a second account, and a second ultimate licence? then just use like a networked location to have the files shared?
    Unity Ultimate Paid GM

Blog Entries
    Yes. That ought to work.
    You might be able to load an instance of FGU on your computer using Cloud and then load a second instance using LAN and setup Port Forwarding to the other?
    Moon Wizard can you still specify a port on the application command line?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    ...can you still specify a port on the application command line?
    You do it in the Load Campaign window - 1802 is populated as default.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Oh, but there is a gotcha... content is connected to the username. So two accounts would not only mean two licenses, but two sets of content

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You do it in the Load Campaign window - 1802 is populated as default.
    Doh! Ofc it is!

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Oh, but there is a gotcha... content is connected to the username. So two accounts would not only mean two licenses, but two sets of content
    Yes you are right.

I would set one campaign up on port 1802 and another on 1803 and load them as LAN games and setup port forwarding.

Or... I would not really bother. The amount of time that players actually spend managing characters between games is minimal in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Doh! Ofc it is!

Yes you are right.

I would set one campaign up on port 1802 and another on 1803 and load them as LAN games and setup port forwarding.

Or... I would not really bother. The amount of time that players actually spend managing characters between games is minimal in my experience.
    With 5 groups I have the server up almost 24/7. Once I have 7, I will likely NEED 2 up at a time...
    Unity Ultimate Paid GM

Thread Information