Fallout 1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. #1

    Can't access spell tab

    Hey! I just bought DCC ruleset but I have 2 questions that I simply couldn't figure out:

    1. How do I acess the spell tab? The there's specific spell tab for wizard and so on, but when I click to open these tabs it simply does not work, like it's broken or something, couldn't find any other to acess them.

    2. Funky dice are not available at all without converting the normal dice into them?

  2. #2
    damned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    25,747
    Blog Entries
    1
    The 3d Dice are not accessible to ruleset developers. Only SmiteWorks can access the 3d dice so yeah - the Funky dice are approximations.

  3. #3
    Hey Klauras, welcome to the DCC crew! I'm not completely sure what the problem is you're having but if you mean once you've added a spell to a character sheet and you open the spell data field to add or edit data there then, yes, there is currently a problem with that and a solution is being worked on. The problem has existed for only a few days now but it is an annoying one.

    #2 There is an extension which adds an additional die that allows quicker access to rolling the funky die (quicker in my opinion). See here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...r-the-Fate-Die


    EDIT: I see Leozelig has already fixed the spell data field problem and it is in queue to be uploaded, see here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ack-etc/page92
    Last edited by Tabarkus; August 2nd, 2022 at 05:33.

  4. #4
    I'll have to check of the problem is solved or not, but what I meant is, under spells, there's a specific tab for wizard spells, cleric spells and so on, but clicking on wizard spells or any other does not lead to a spell list, in fact, it does not open anything, it's like a broken link or something. Am I doing something wrong? Because I wasn't able to find any spells so far.

    Edit: I'm working atm, I'll make sure to check if it's fixed later today, if it isn't I'll bring a few screenshots.

  5. #5
    leozelig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Posts
    1,748
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Klauras View Post
    I'll have to check of the problem is solved or not, but what I meant is, under spells, there's a specific tab for wizard spells, cleric spells and so on, but clicking on wizard spells or any other does not lead to a spell list, in fact, it does not open anything, it's like a broken link or something. Am I doing something wrong? Because I wasn't able to find any spells so far.

    Edit: I'm working atm, I'll make sure to check if it's fixed later today, if it isn't I'll bring a few screenshots.
    Right, I think you are referring to the links from the spells list in the Modules window. I will look at that. You can access all of the spells from the desktop sidebar — under the Players menu, I think — and filter according to level and source (i.e., wizard, cleric, etc.), or search by spell name. The pulldown menu at the top of the spells list allows you to view by module/group name as well.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    Right, I think you are referring to the links from the spells list in the Modules window. I will look at that. You can access all of the spells from the desktop sidebar — under the Players menu, I think — and filter according to level and source (i.e., wizard, cleric, etc.), or search by spell name. The pulldown menu at the top of the spells list allows you to view by module/group name as well.
    Hey! Under modules -> Spells it still does not work, not sure if it's supposed to, but at least for me, it's broken. Edit: Check the SS, clicking at those does not work. It does not open any new tab.

    But I actually found the Spell tab (it's under character), couldn't find it earlier because it was hidden due to my UI size (I'm a bit blind hehe).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Klauras; August 2nd, 2022 at 17:44.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabarkus View Post
    Hey Klauras, welcome to the DCC crew! I'm not completely sure what the problem is you're having but if you mean once you've added a spell to a character sheet and you open the spell data field to add or edit data there then, yes, there is currently a problem with that and a solution is being worked on. The problem has existed for only a few days now but it is an annoying one.

    #2 There is an extension which adds an additional die that allows quicker access to rolling the funky die (quicker in my opinion). See here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...r-the-Fate-Die


    EDIT: I see Leozelig has already fixed the spell data field problem and it is in queue to be uploaded, see here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ack-etc/page92
    Not the perfect solution I'll admit, but makes the whole process a lot easier, thanks for sharing and thanks to Leozelig for making the tool! =)

  8. #8
    Ah, I see what you meant now Klauras. I don't think I've ever even tried to use that route to spells, that's why it didn't click in my head.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabarkus View Post
    Ah, I see what you meant now Klauras. I don't think I've ever even tried to use that route to spells, that's why it didn't click in my head.
    I feel kinda stupid now.

  10. #10
    It's all good. Multiple paths to the same place is one of the things I like about Fantasy Grounds, even if I don't know all the paths. I have to set my sidebar to the small icons just so I can see every thing that's there, it really confused me when they first changed the interface to the current one.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
STAR TREK 2d20 02

Log in

Log in