FG Spreadshirt Swag

How to add a new racial ability with a value for race creation?

Hello everyone,

I want to add some racial abillities in SWADE from material I only have non-digitally, but run into a sligth hiccup.

I can not for the life of me figure out how to get the new ability a value for the cost in race-creation like to the rigth here:
    2022-08-01 22_24_03-Window.png

Is that even possible, or just something the dark wizards behind the scenes can archive?

Thanks in advance.

Kimpanter
    "... and then he accidently animated the corn and it ... it kickt our asses man. We didn´t stand a chance once it got hold of some weapons. Lost two good men to it and still, to this day, I do not dare to walk past any cornfields in my way." - Alan Com, halfing rouge, hates wildmages and corn.

You have to manually edit the db.xml file.
    If you're daring, here's how you do it.

Make sure you do NOT have your game open. Close FGU completely BEFORE you update this file. If FGU writes to this file while you do, it will cause problems.
    Back up db.xml before you start this. A local copy is fine.
    Open the game's db.xml file in a text editor.
    Look for this node:
    [CODE]<racialability>[\CODE]
    Under that find the racial ability you added. It will have a very descriptive name like
    Code:
    <id-00001>
    You can find it by looking at the name child node.
    Then you add or update the value node. It may not have a value node. Generally, if a node does not have a value, it isn't written to the file.

Here's a racial ability from one of my settings. All the nodes are present. You can copy in the bits you need.
    Code:
    <id-00001>
    	<public />
    	<abilities>
    		<public />
    	</abilities>
    	<benefit type="formattedtext">
    		<p>The physique of the race varies enough from the standard humanoid shape that gear must be custom made or exceedingly altered to be usable by members of this race. This includes races that are much larger or smaller, bulkier, and oddly shaped limbs or bodies.</p>
    	</benefit>
    	<group type="string">Positive</group>
    	<locked type="number">1</locked>
    	<max type="string">1</max>
    	<name type="string">Unusual Physique</name>
    	<type type="string">Racial Ability</type>
    	<value type="string">2</value>
    </id-00001>

Thread Information