FG Spreadshirt Swag

Wacom Pen no longer working?

Hi everyone!

Sometime in the last update or two, something changed with FGU. It's no longer reading my wacom cintiq pen as a mouse. I've had no issues using the pen to give maps line of sight, or drop lighting points on them. But now I have to do it all with a mouse and it has slowed my map making down incredibly, to the point where it's infuriating and seriously making me consider not doing it at all.
    It lets me hover over items and I can see the tags showing up where the cursor is hovering, but I cannot press down with the nib to click, and it doesn't recognize the buttons on the side either.

I tried to search the forums for any ideas, but all I saw was someone using windows 7 and a wacom pen. I have windows 10 and I know for a fact unity was working with it flawlessly up until 1-2 weeks ago, when I had edited my last map with it.

Any ideas as to how to get it functioning again?
    Thanks!

I seriously doubt that FGU update has effected the PCs ability to use a tablet - a tablet uses the Operating Systems mouse tracking features and it is entirely detached from other software. It either works or it doesn't and it has nothing to do with which piece of software (for example photoshop or GIMP, or Fantasy Grounds) you are currently running. So re-install the tablet drivers and contact WACOM for support (and Microsoft for Windows support).

I respectfully disagree. An update to FGU absolutely can effect the way the pen works with FGU. Nothing else on my computer has been updated since I used the pen for FGU last and it still works perfectly fine with my other programs such as Clip Studio Paint, Blender, and DaVinci Resolve.

This is not likely a tablet driver issue - if it was, you'd be correct in that it likely would not work with any other programs either. This is a local effect with just FGU, and that's the reason I came here to ask for ideas on how to fix it.

Just in the event that I was wrong and it was a driver issue- I followed through troubleshooting it as if it were. The result is the same, works perfectly on all programs except FGU.

Thanks!

I'd agree with Jimininonka that it's unlikely to be an update to FG that's caused your issue. FG takes it's input from the Unity engine over which Smiteworks have no control. So you may want to have a look at the Unity forums for advice on what you might need to do to get it to work again. I've seen a few reports I think on the forums and it would seem that its use is spotty.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...with-WACOM-PEN
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Also, we have not pushed any updates for the actual FGU application client for a couple months; just content and ruleset updates.

Regards,
    JPG

I have the same problem with a wacom Pro Pen 2. I opened the Wacom Tablet Properties and unticked "Use Windows Ink" and now it works again!

properties.png

Thread Information