5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I found this map https://inkarnate.com/m/x8yqE0--yester-hill/. It is jpg 1587x2048 at 96dpi. When I copied it to campaigns/strahd/images and refreshed the assets panel and dragged it into my "yester hill" image copy (having deleted the existing image) it loaded with a layer size of 317 x 409. I set my grid size to 5 x 5 with a grid multiplier of 5.

All is good.

I assume FGU interprets image layer size as feet and the grid scale is in feet also.
    Correction: looking at Zacchaeus' alley map from Dragon Heist, the image layer size is in tiles and I assume the grid size is feet per tile.
    So this image yields 5 pixels/foot resolution.
    initial char pic.png
    initial hill pic.png

I restarted the game and initially the target arrow from right to left was too big.
    oversized right to left.png

The same was true for the left to right arrow.
    oversized left to right.png

I deleted and reinserted the right PC.

Now the right to left arrow was ok.
    normal right to left.png

Once I deleted and reinserted the left PC their arrow was ok as well.

I guess low pixel/foot resolution images cause this need to delete and reinsert tokens (PC and perhaps NPC as well).
    For the NPC's it is a bigger problem since deleting them from the map I believe removes them from the CT.

Is this a problem that you can fix?
    Last edited by webdove; August 1st, 2022 at 21:20.

The default suffix is indeed feet but you can change that in the distance suffix box if you wan to.

I'd suggest that you don't drag your new map into the existing map if you use the same name since I think it will take on the dimensions of the original. Give your imported map a different name and it will import in its original size. 1500x200 is a bit more usable for a combat map if you want a 5ft grid on it.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Am I correct that image size is in "tiles" and grid size is "feet per tile"?

If so, the alley.jpg image looks like it is 25 pixels per tile or 5 pixels per foot.

The image size is whatever the image size is. So if the image is 1200x1200 pixels then when you import it, it's 1200x1200px.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    For the NPC's it is a bigger problem since deleting them from the map I believe removes them from the CT.
    Deleting the token from the map does not delete the NPC from the combat tracker.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    Tooting, which extension?
    "5e Indicators" or something like that. It's not on the Forge and so does not get updated automatically and I had to do it manually. Maybe it is a map thing, but I did run into that big huge target arrow thing and updating the extension solved that for me.

Thread Information