FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    I can take a look at the stealthtracker and see if anything can be done. Automatic effects may be a different kettle of fish though, that's a very in-depth ext and the two exts may or may not be able to work nicely together.
    Although, if the only problem is that the (RCT) tag is not getting attached then that can be done manually.

Cheers, Steve.
    Last edited by Stv; July 30th, 2022 at 22:00.

Automatic Effects is just the Module for effects coding not the Equipped Effects extensions.

If you can just have the (RCT) tag added to the spells from those mods, that should be fine. The extension doesn’t work if the PC only has the Rob2e or AE Shield spell coding on their action tab, so I’m not sure if just adding the RCT effect fixes that or not.

Quote Originally Posted by jrowsey1 View Post
    Automatic Effects is just the Module for effects coding not the Equipped Effects extensions.

If you can just have the (RCT) tag added to the spells from those mods, that should be fine. The extension doesn’t work if the PC only has the Rob2e or AE Shield spell coding on their action tab, so I’m not sure if just adding the RCT effect fixes that or not.
    If adding the (RCT) tag does keep things working, then unfortunately it would be down to the authors of those mods to add the tag into their extensions. Let me know if it is working, and I'll message the other authors to see if it is something they are willing to do.

Cheers, Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    So far RCT works for me.
    @nephranka That's good to know, I'm assuming that's with the equipped effects extension ? If it is, have you also tried removing and re-adding the spell/effect to see if the (RCT) is added ?

Cheers, Steve.
    Last edited by Stv; July 31st, 2022 at 12:00.

New build pushed. This should now work alongisde the Stealthtracker extension.

Cheers, Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Stv View Post
    @nephranka That's good to know, I'm assuming that's with the equipped effects extension ? If it is, have you also tried removing and re-adding the spell/effect to see if the (RCT) is added ?

Cheers, Steve.
    I will yest it directly. I know shield and featherfall seemed to work. I reparsed them.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    I will yest it directly. I know shield and featherfall seemed to work. I reparsed them.
    Sweet, thanks for that.
    Hopefully no further action is needed.

Cheers, Steve.

TL;DR - Make sure your spell name is just "Shield" for this to work.

Just going to report my findings here for anyone else bumping into these issues.

For 5e Automatic Effects Shield spell coding - dropping the spell coding onto the action tab creates a "Shield" spell that works with out adding the "Shield ; (RCT)" effect. If you Reparse the Spell actions, it will add the "Shield ; (RCT)" effect but replace the custom coding provided by the module.

For Rob2e Shield Spell coding - dropping the spell coding onto the action tab creates a "Shield (R) (S)" spell that will not register the Chat Message for this extension. If you Reparse the spell coding, it will create a "Shield (R) (S) ; (RCT)" and remove the "AC:5" effect", but this still will not register with this extension to trigger the Chat message. If you manually create the effect of "Shield ; (RCT)" for the coding, it still will not trigger the extension. You'll have to remove the "(R) (S)" description in the spell name in order to get this extension to trigger. You don't need the "Shield ; (RCT)" effect for it to trigger, just the name of the Spell needs to be adjusted.

Lastly, I just made a new spell called "Shield" on the PCs Action Tab with no description or effects and the Extension triggered the Chat effect, but if it changed the name to "Shield (Wizard)", or anything else other than "Shield" the extension would not trigger.

Thanks for the info @jrowsey1.
    I don't own either of those 2 extensions/modules so haven't been able to test with them.

Cheers, Steve.

Thread Information