STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

My Small Complaint about Dice

I really dislike the default dice sound effects. It sounds very low quality to me. I know you can disable the dice sound effects. Is there a way to change the sound they make? Are there plans to add different sound effects for the dice? I would prefer something more realistic.

Blog Entries

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I did see that and I love everything they showed. To me though, it just makes the outdated sounds stand out that much more, especially when FG’s dice physics are so good. I know there are probably people who love the current sound effects. I just wish there was a couple more to choose from. Every other VTT I’ve played on has dice sounds that are so much realistic and less abrasive (to me).

Indeed the dice sounds could be significantly improved. I use them today on lower volume as indicator that something was rolled while I was looking away from the log and etc. But definitely not comfortable sounding as in other VTTs.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

At the moment you can change the dice volume,.can't remember the chat command and I am away from my PC to check.

Edit: outdated sounds? If it made pacman noises it would be outdated.... doh

Can OP or Valyar provide an example youtube video or something of a more desirable sound? I mean no offense. I am just curious what others think is a "better" or more "realistic" sound. I am pretty indifferent about the dice rolling sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudin View Post
    Can OP or Valyar provide an example youtube video or something of a more desirable sound? I mean no offense. I am just curious what others think is a "better" or more "realistic" sound. I am pretty indifferent about the dice rolling sound.
    None taken! The perception of sound and whether it is good or bad is subjective. After all there are people liking rock and metal and others that wanna call Hans to end once and for all this kind of music.

What I find to be good dice sound is the "Dice So Nice" add-on for foundry. I like the mild rolling, the visuals and all I can do with them free of need to do any coding. This is how FGU should deliver this feature and even better.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Blog Entries
    Given that this is the only time I've ever heard/remember anyone discussing dice sounds (except for volume), it doesn't surprise me it's never been addressed. Seems like someone should add it to the wish list.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudin View Post
    Like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ywUUENzVYs
    My Forge Stuff: (click and you'll go there )

-----------------------------
    Discord: @mtprimo • Ultimate License Holder • FGU Community Dev & Forge Crafter • Marketing & Designer • Brazilian
    Owner of Aqui Existem Dragões, a company focused on adapting TTRPG content to digital/VTT ready content.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    At the moment you can change the dice volume,.can't remember the chat command and I am away from my PC to check.

Edit: outdated sounds? If it made pacman noises it would be outdated.... doh
    /dicevolume chat command.

Thread Information