FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Klandare View Post
    Will both the DM and player have to purchase these? Like for me I have an Ultimate license so all of my players don't need licenses.

So if I purchased the dice would my players be able to choose them?
    What I understand it to be is that each person will only have access to the dice skins they purchase, but everyone will be able to see tem when that person rolls. So, GM buys skin #1 and ny they can use it (*). Player 1 buys Skin B, they can use B and everyone can see their dice skins when they roll it. Player 2 buys Skin C, etc.

* The caveat Doug mentioned was, right now players do not see GM die rolls, but that is something they are looking at changing for dice skins.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I guess the DM can gift them to players.

Doug did mention some free skins/effects. Or at least that was my take.

Also if a player owns a skin. All people see the effect skin for that players rolls and if a DM has a nice skin then the players will see it and they can buy their preferred. About time they spend a few bucks on FGU tbh.
    Last edited by EllivasKram; July 29th, 2022 at 17:47.

Blog Entries
    Yes, you all have it correct. Dice will be linked to a specific user and not shareable like normal GM module access. Players won't need a license or subscription of their own. They will be able to purchase and use their favorite dice and use it with the FGU demo. It will be linked to their user account.

That said, we may include some dice for free as part of the normal subscription or license.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Yes, you all have it correct. Dice will be linked to a specific user and not shareable like normal GM module access. Players won't need a license or subscription of their own. They will be able to purchase and use their favorite dice and use it with the FGU demo. It will be linked to their user account.

That said, we may include some dice for free as part of the normal subscription or license.
    Bigger dice please
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Bigger dice please
    These work?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

That's unfortunate. Knowing everyone I play with, only set of people might buy something. All are OK to chip in for the GM, like in the modules, but not dice.

Will this feature be opened for community developers, like introducing official dice sides for commercial rulesets? Or even non-commercial?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Blog Entries
    Perhaps in the future, but not initially. We can probably work with you to come up with a custom set if needed though.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    That's unfortunate. Knowing everyone I play with, only set of people might buy something. All are OK to chip in for the GM, like in the modules, but not dice.

Will this feature be opened for community developers, like introducing official dice sides for commercial rulesets? Or even non-commercial?
    Maybe once they see a set of dice they like, players will spend a little bit of money on a set of their own dice, like they would if they were out shopping. I doubt they will be expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    These work?
    I was thinking something more the scaled with resolution or have a setting. Currently I dont even bother to look at the dice as they are so tiny on my resolution.
    Last edited by celestian; July 30th, 2022 at 00:46.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Perhaps in the future, but not initially. We can probably work with you to come up with a custom set if needed though.
    Would be awesome
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thread Information