DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LF CoC adventure recommendations

It's my first time GMing CoC in FG, I would you like some good adventure recommendations? They know CoC but are still getting used to FG.

Amidst the Ancient Trees is always a solid contender. If you’re new to the Keeper role it’s quite straightforward, you can run a small chase and a bit of combat with it too. I think it does a good job of showcasing the features of FGU. Depends on how confident you are with the rules and what scenarios your players have already played.

Quote Originally Posted by sedgetone View Post
    Amidst the Ancient Trees is always a solid contender. If you’re new to the Keeper role it’s quite straightforward, you can run a small chase and a bit of combat with it too. I think it does a good job of showcasing the features of FGU. Depends on how confident you are with the rules and what scenarios your players have already played.
    Hey sedgetone! Thanks for your help =) Is there a pre-made module for the adventure?

You get that with the CoC keeper guide, it's a separate supplied module. You'll also have Crimson Letters butthis is a lot more open ended a scenario.

You get that with the CoC keeper guide, it's a separate supplied module. You'll also have Crimson Letters butthis is a lot more open ended a scenario.
    ooh! Good to know, I'll start with Amidst the Ancient Trees then, thank you very much!

But I'm still open to more recommendations on good adventures!

The CoC 7e modules are all really well put together. It all depends on how many sessions you’re looking to run a scenario over. Masks of Nyarlothotep and Horror on the Orient Express are both amazing but you’ll be running them for years. Doors to Darkness is a solid purchase for a new Keeper.

The CoC 7e modules are all really well put together. It all depends on how many sessions you’re looking to run a scenario over. Masks of Nyarlothotep and Horror on the Orient Express are both amazing but you’ll be running them for years. Doors to Darkness is a solid purchase for a new Keeper.
    Amazing! Thank you! =)

If you want a short, semi-introductory adventure that has about equal elements of investigation and combat, then The Lightless Beacon adventure is a good choice. It's even available in the FG Store for only $5 (and nice color maps available for download if you just do a search on the interwebs for them).

Quote Originally Posted by chillybilly View Post
    If you want a short, semi-introductory adventure that has about equal elements of investigation and combat, then The Lightless Beacon adventure is a good choice. It's even available in the FG Store for only $5 (and nice color maps available for download if you just do a search on the interwebs for them).
    Hey =)

Thanks for your advice, how short is it?

You can run it in one session if you push, it can go two sessions if you take your time or the PCs split up during a sequence.

Thread Information