FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    It was written originally for the "basic D&D" system.

As far as B1, if you're a newbie DM I wouldn't recommend it personally. Having to populate a dungeon IMO is not really a beginner DM friendly task.
    Thanks, that's a good point.

It was written originally for the "basic D&D" system.

As far as B1, if you're a newbie DM I wouldn't recommend it personally. Having to populate a dungeon IMO is not really a beginner DM friendly task.
    What are your thoughts on the Temple of Elemental Evil?

Quote Originally Posted by Klauras View Post
    What are your thoughts on the Temple of Elemental Evil?
    From the player perspective it's pretty typical AD&D faire. Lots of dungeon crawling and some pretty dangerous bad guys. From a DM perspective, it depends on how you run it. ToEE can be run very political/faction based if your party initiates that (mine never have) or kick down doors and kill the bad guys. The latter method will lead to many deaths probably unless the party is careful or overly powerful. It's also quiet long (took my groups 1-3 years each time I ran it.

Overall it's very standard trope dungeon for the era and if thats what you're looking for it's good. It has some strange ideas (like Thrommel, the "window" and some other setups). I'd probably ignore the nodes and maybe come up with small node specific bad guy instead. I generally run my groups through something else before ToEE as it's pretty tough (the Moathouse is the first bit) for most party sizes these days. Most are 2-3 by the time they start the adventure. The early piece, T1, has a really fleshed out village. Some parties find that interesting/fun.

One good thing about ToEE is there are years and years of discussions on it with loads of suggestions if you're interested in that (dragonsfoot.org forums).

It's a big project for a first time DM but I think it's simple enough to follow to do so as long as they know what they are getting into.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

From the player perspective it's pretty typical AD&D faire. Lots of dungeon crawling and some pretty dangerous bad guys. From a DM perspective, it depends on how you run it. ToEE can be run very political/faction based if your party initiates that (mine never have) or kick down doors and kill the bad guys. The latter method will lead to many deaths probably unless the party is careful or overly powerful. It's also quiet long (took my groups 1-3 years each time I ran it.

Overall it's very standard trope dungeon for the era and if thats what you're looking for it's good. It has some strange ideas (like Thrommel, the "window" and some other setups). I'd probably ignore the nodes and maybe come up with small node specific bad guy instead. I generally run my groups through something else before ToEE as it's pretty tough (the Moathouse is the first bit) for most party sizes these days. Most are 2-3 by the time they start the adventure. The early piece, T1, has a really fleshed out village. Some parties find that interesting/fun.

One good thing about ToEE is there are years and years of discussions on it with loads of suggestions if you're interested in that (dragonsfoot.org forums).

It's a big project for a first time DM but I think it's simple enough to follow to do so as long as they know what they are getting into.
    That's some really good feedback, thank you.

I've picked a few short adventures from the ones we talked about earlier to begin with, get the hang of AD&D and get used to FG, but I also wanted a longer project, something I could read, research a bit, adapt, and have fun with, I honestly don't have a lot of free time, that's why I'm searching for pre-made adventures that have a good FG support, besides ToEE, does anything else come to your mind? I want to commit to a long adventure, but I'm still not 100% sure if ToEE is the right one.

That's some really good feedback, thank you.

I've picked a few short adventures from the ones we talked about earlier to begin with, get the hang of AD&D and get used to FG, but I also wanted a longer project, something I could read, research a bit, adapt, and have fun with, I honestly don't have a lot of free time, that's why I'm searching for pre-made adventures that have a good FG support, besides ToEE, does anything else come to your mind? I want to commit to a long adventure, but I'm still not 100% sure if ToEE is the right one.
    You might look at Nightbelow if you're looking for another long term "campaign" sprawling adventure. It starts at 1 and suppose to end in the upper teens. I've not run it all the way through yet but I think in general it's more "modern" and has much more logical plots. I might change the core bad guys (I like mindflayers for it) but otherwise it's fairly good from what I've run.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

dragonsfoot.org forums
    Oh my! Pure gold. I'm amazed. Thank you.

You might look at Nightbelow if you're looking for another long term "campaign" sprawling adventure. It starts at 1 and suppose to end in the upper teens. I've not run it all the way through yet but I think in general it's more "modern" and has much more logical plots. I might change the core bad guys (I like mindflayers for it) but otherwise it's fairly good from what I've run.
    I got a couple more of (probably stupid) questions, if you don't mind answering.

First, these pre-made adventures available in FG comes with all maps and encounters already set, right? The 'how to run/tips' portion of the original adventures are also available (like the PDFs)?

Second, ToEE title say it's supposed to be a 1e adventure, how does that work? I can simply run it using 2e and it's fine?

Blog Entries
    I got a couple more of (probably stupid) questions, if you don't mind answering.

First, these pre-made adventures available in FG comes with all maps and encounters already set, right? The 'how to run/tips' portion of the original adventures are also available (like the PDFs)?

Second, ToEE title say it's supposed to be a 1e adventure, how does that work? I can simply run it using 2e and it's fine?
    Yes the encounters and maps are all set up. Everything that is in the PDF and/or print version is in the FG conversion.

ToEE is a AD&D adventure (1e) but you can still run it using the 2e rules with no issues.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

All the text from these adventures is included. IF there is a how/to it's there.

All the maps included with the original are included and in the case of NB VTT versions that work better for that use. There are parts where the module says "the DM could do this", or "randomly generate that" and there might be tables to roll them if they were included and some converters create some of that if they choose too. Whatever was included in the product should be included regardless, how far some go beyond that script is up to the converter.

ToEE is 1e and the creatures in it have the stats of the 1e versions of those so that the adventure keeps it's original challenge levels. You can play it with 1e or 2e as both games are practically identical for the most part.
    ---

One of my personal favorites is U1 Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh which Bayne has converted for the 2e ruleset.

The Haunted House is a great starting place for players and DMs.

Thread Information