5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Thread: Traps in FGU

Traps in FGU

Hi all,

I am running homebrew 5e campaign for a while now using FGU and so far I am pretty happy with the tool.

Just want to know if there is a way to place a trap on the battlefield grid and when the first player steps on it he takes automatically damage (like a mine)?

this would really speed up the gameplay as I could let them run around "freely" without telling them to "slow down a bit" to check for me if they enter the trap or not. In addition to not warn them

Thanks and BR

There's nothing, that I know of, which would give automatic damage. Though, there are a few options for pausing your PC's tokens when they hit one of these things, if that helps?

Someone with more experience in FGU would be able to detail better than I, but I'm thinking;

- Make it so you confirm their movements
    - Set up a small wall LoS, so that it stops tokens from moving through that grid

I work with LoS alot so this is anyhow standard for me.

But as mentioned I like them to run around "freely" as I do not like to confirm all their movements, this feels to much turnbased for me. In addition I killed one of my player (and let him reroll with 1 level penalty) because he ran around too much and too far away from the group, so I like to see if they learned something

so this is not exactly what I am looking for . But thanks for the reply

Ah, that's all I'm aware of, sorry.

Maybe someone knows of some extensions, though.

Use pit occluders where you want the trap to be. Make sure you check blocks movement. The token can see over the pit (it'll basically be invisible) but once in it they won't be able to get out. You can then deal any damage to them at that point. As a general rule you'd create traps as NPCs and have them on the combat tracker (and have their token on the map) but keep them invisible. It's a simple matter then to drag/drop any saves, attacks, or damage onto whoever has fallen victim to it.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; July 25th, 2022 at 15:04.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information