DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Is OSE ever coming to steam?

Hello!
    I would like to know if OSE is ever coming to the steam store?
    I'm not used to how the FG system publishing works and I couldn't find any info regarding this topic here on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Klauras View Post
    Hello!
    I would like to know if OSE is ever coming to the steam store?
    I'm not used to how the FG system publishing works and I couldn't find any info regarding this topic here on the forum.
    Check out the forge.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Hey Celestian! Thanks for your input. I'm already kind of familiar with the forge tbh, but I would like to know if OSE is ever going to be available in the steam store specifically? And why some things seem to be published there and some don't (like OSE), all the stuff I own ATM is through steam and I'd like to keep it that way since it's the platform I use the most to review stuff and talk to friends.

Steam reflects the Fantasy Grounds store; that is any officially produced (by Smiteworks) product will also appear on Steam.

Items on the Forge are not official products and so won't appear on Steam (since they aren't produced by Smiteworks the author of the extension/module/whatever would need to have an agreement with Steam to publish on Steam).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

We would have to move his products to the store for them to show up on steam.

However they are Official products. They are just supported by the publisher not SW directly. Both OSE and CnC are listed as officialy supported systems on the home page.

Blog Entries
    We don't have any immediate plans to put the Forge items onto Steam. We might consider doing a Steam workshop approach in the future, but I haven't dug into that fully.

Hey
    Guess I won't play OSE on FG then.
    But thanks folks! I kind of understand how it works now.

Blog Entries
    Please note that the Forge items will work with your Steam account. It just requires purchase of Forge gold and then you have to subscribe to the items.

Also worth mentioning that the fully functional ruleset is available as "Pay What You Want"/donate/free at the Forge here: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/199/view

When you buy the advanced books available here, it will give you the fully converted content, but as far as the ruleset goes you get all the functionalities with the free version.
    My Forge Stuff: (click and you'll go there )

-----------------------------
    Discord: @mtprimo • Ultimate License Holder • FGU Community Dev & Forge Crafter • Marketing & Designer • Brazilian
    Owner of Aqui Existem Dragões, a company focused on adapting TTRPG content to digital/VTT ready content.

Quote Originally Posted by Klauras View Post
    Hey
    Guess I won't play OSE on FG then.
    But thanks folks! I kind of understand how it works now.
    You don't need to use Steam to play Fantasy Grounds AT ALL - it is just a shell that launches FG - and OSE is available on the Forge and will work if you launch FG from Steam or otherwise.

Thread Information