STAR TREK 2d20

Some suggestions for speeding up game play

Dadakin has not an incredible job adapting RM rules to FGU, but I find there are some aspects that slow the game down, most notably in experience and NPC generation.

XP tracking I have mentioned before, there is an extension for it but it is manual, it would be super sweet if xp could be tracked automatically.

For NPC generation, it is very combersome generating random encounters. First you need to make a copy of the NPC so it is editable, then you need to drag each one to the encounter table, then edit it, then drag it to the combat tracker, and if there are spells, ugh.

It would be great if you could automate generating encounters, so essentially you pick your creature/profession and the number encountered, it automatically generates the creatures, puts them in the encounter table and automatically generates the random hits and levels based on the C&T stats (this could be optional) as well as randomly generating spell lists and a optionally randomly generating specific weapons so you don't have to do this manually (i.e. if it says "melee" and the NPC has a shield it randomly generates a one handed weapon, same with missile). Also with the option of generating treasure as well and have the option of automatically adding the NPCs to the Combat tracker. This would be awesome!

Hi alloowishus,

Just so you realize that you can already do what you want to generate spell lists for NPCs. I am glad you brought it up because I noticed a couple deprecated messages from my TableManager overrides to handle open-ended tables. Create a new FG Table and then drag some of the links from Table 08-15 for the types of spell lists you want the NPC to have. You can put multipliers in front like [x10] to have it roll multiple times on the result table. Then just drag the links for the spell lists to the NPC you need them on. You might get some duplicates but it speed things up for you. Here is an example that I setup to give you an idea of what you can do:
    Random Spell List Generation.jpg

You only have to make a copy of a NPC if you are making changes to it before copying it to an encounter. Encounters in FG already handle some of what you want. You can find more information here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...dom+Encounters
    The button at the bottom left corner of the Encounter window will add the NPCs to the Combat Tracker for you. If you take the time to drag the tokens to a map then it will add them to the map automatically. You can also get fancy with the Random Encounters.

Hopefully that helps you to speed up your prep and game.

Dakadin

Thread Information