DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Class/Race Traits

I was just hoping "Defensive Bonus" could be worked in. It would be cool to place the effect onto a halfling or gnome and it would just work. Maybe even add the effect to a character's list of actions, so it's easily applied by the player.

Defensive Bonus
    Due to their small size, gnomes gain a +2 bonus to Armour Class when attacked by large opponents (greater than humansized).

An example of a possible effect script is:

Defensive Bonus; IFT: SIZE(>medium); AC:2 deflection

The above script actually kind of works. The script does improve the AC by 2, but the attackers size is not taken into consideration and medium sized monsters attacking are still receiving the penalty to hit.

Another wish is to have Infravision added as a trait. It would be great to have a character's infravision impeded if a light source was nearby. Complicated, I know.

So the infravision thing is not going to happen unless Moon Wizard changes it in Core RPG.

The size thing I can make happen for you. Size data is already there I just need to grab it for an effect. Ill work on this for next update. Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    So the infravision thing is not going to happen unless Moon Wizard changes it in Core RPG.
    Figured. This is a tough one.

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    The size thing I can make happen for you. Size data is already there I just need to grab it for an effect. Ill work on this for next update. Good idea.
    This will help out a lot. My players have been on a gnome kick recently.

Thanks!

(No gnomes have been kicked by players. That's not cool.)

Ok this is done and up on test server. I would like you to test it out. If you cant then I will try to get to it this weekend. IFT is a targeting effect this is an effect based on attacker applied to defender. So the effect is just this.

"Defensive Bonus:2"

You can use any number. So to get this working on untargeted attacks I had to add the creature size in chat. (so you may notice that) This lets you still drag the chat result onto the token. I also added a message if it applies. Let me know if you see any issues.

OH BTW this will still stack with any AC:# effects

Well done!

I was able to sneak a few minutes to do some testing.:

I created the effect: Defensive Bonus:2 with a duration of "0" (zero), and drug it onto Fiddle's (gnome) in the combat tracker.

Poor Fiddle was attacked by a pixie (small), bandit (medium), hill giant (large), a storm giant (huge), and a multi-chromatic dragon (gargantuan).

Defensive Bonus did not apply to the pixie's or the bandit's attacks, which is correct.

Defensive Bonus did apply to the two giants and the multi-chromatic dragon, which is correct.

I made a few hundred rolls, from the combat tracker and dropping the attack die.
    All melee.
    The bonus worked when applied prior to being targeted, and when applied after being targeted.
    Whether Fiddle put on a Ring of Protection prior to being targeted, or after being targeted, the bonus seems to remain.

I'll try to get a game going this weekend to test it out in the wild.

Cool!

Funny, just by chance, the two giants rolled misses their first 5-7 attacks each. The bandit's first 6-8 attacks hit. Go figure.
    Last edited by Axe; July 21st, 2022 at 02:38.

I'll see.if I can test it out with a client connected. Worst case I'll do it in my Friday game with players connected.

I was able to call up a player and they joined a fresh campaign, so we can do further testing.

It seems to work, as well as for cohorts.

We started of with a gnome PC on the logged in player's computer, and tested NPCs of all sizes on the server's side. We tested with and without the Defensive Bonus applied to the client's gnome PC. The Defensive Bonus worked as expected. The gnome's Dex bonus to AC was also figured in correctly. (I did have to change my train of thought to THAC0, from using the TO HIT chart, which made a difference when the Multichromatic Dragon was attacking the gnome PC)

Next, we tested with a gnome PC on the server (with and without the Defensive Bonus applied),being attacked by a small PC and a medium PC on the client's side. The Defensive Bonus was applied correctly.

Thirdly, I assigned NPC cohorts of different sizes to the PC on the client's side. The remote player was able to control their cohorts and make the attacks against the server side gnome (with and without the Defensive Bonus applied). The Defensive Bonus was applied correctly.

During testing, we kept rolling until we rolled the lowest TO HIT roll possible and the highest miss.
    I did only test "Defensive Mode:2"
    I did not test cohorts on the server's side.

I hope you have the same results when you test.

AXE
    Last edited by Axe; July 22nd, 2022 at 00:47.

Thread Information