DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    1 x 27" @ 2560 x 1440.

I use 4 Windows virtual desktops with hotkeys to cycle through them so I can keep PDFs, etc open but out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by skelekon View Post
    1 x 27" @ 2560 x 1440.
    +1 when I am home. When traveling, 15" 1080p laptop.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I am confused by these two statements when taken together...
    Hmm...

Ok, So the first one is my setup. A 16" laptop screen with a 24" monitor placed vertically above it (both in landscape). I run both at relatively low resolution, mainly because at 4k resolution, regular things on the desktop are just too small (yes I know about Windows scaling, maybe I'll play with it again in the future, but for now this works).

The second statement is just trying to say that a single 4k monitor is plenty of real estate for FG, because IF 4k on whatever size screen you are using (16", 24" 32" etc) does not have the text and icons that are too small for you. i.e. If I am happy running FG n a single 1920x1080 monitor, then I think running FG on a single 4K monitor should be fine for most people.

Does that help clear it up?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    You said in one post that everything is too small at higher res and then you said it shoudl be fine at 4k on a laptop screen

Ignore me - Im just nit picking!

Blog Entries
    Personally I have two 32" monitors and one 24" monitor (portrait mode) on my desktop computer. FG was spread across the two monitors and the 24" was for pdfs, discord, etc... worked well while I was using it.

However, life has given me considerable necessity to travel over the past year, and into the foreseeable future, so I am now using a 17" gaming laptop... I have the ability to hook into a second monitor should I need it, but I have tried to acclimatize to just the laptop as it's what I'll be using going forward (haven't even turned on the desktop in ~ a calendar year other than to install a butt load of updates back in April).
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I have 1 portrait 24" (1080x1920) and a curved 49" Samsung(5120x1440)

1 screen at 1920x1080.

____
    Forbrukslånkalkulator
    Last edited by vanerte; August 2nd, 2022 at 07:43.

My main grip is with the map being able to be forced to be full screen background mode. I would like to force combat tracker to be always foreground. The size on my 32 inch 4K screen with /scaleui 80 is fine. But I like real estate.

The main issue I have is that if I size a window for my screen. The players also default to opening the same windows at that size. Meaning things like ‘Message of the Day’ open up larger than some peoples screens allow and then they have to shift drag resize. Everything I share seems to inherit my last window sizes.

Even players PC’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    2 screens at 2560x1440
    this on 28" 4K monitors. I could go higher resolution, but my eyes aren't what they used to be...
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Single 24" monitor for me, but I do struggle with space at times.

Thread Information