STAR TREK 2d20

GM Benny's Missing

Hi All,
    Started a game last night on FGU using the SWADE ruleset and the Weird West Extension. I noticed that the little benny icon I can use to hand out bennies to PCs was missing. I can't even find where you can turn it on or off in the options menu. I am pretty sure it was in either the Per User or Game section. I'm wondering if its an bug or maybe a weird conflict with extension? I attached a pic of what i have running. It isn't much. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm not very familiar with the SW ruleset; but there are 2 options in the Options window called "Desktop: Bennies" and "Desktop: GM Bennies". You can probably look to see if those are set to On.

Regards,
    JPG

I don't see those options in my list. Here is a couple of pics that show what is in my settings.Forum1.PNGForum2.PNGForum3.PNGForum4.PNG

It looks like you may not be running on the latest version of the SW ruleset.

Try these steps:
    * Go to the FG data folder (via button in upper left of FG launch screen)
    * Go to the rulesets subfolder
    * Delete the following .pak files: SavageWorlds.pak, SWD.pak, SWPF.pak
    * Delete the following folders: SavageWorlds, SWD, SWPF
    * Return to FG
    * Run a new Check for Updates from the FG launch screen.

If still an issue, please provide a quick snap of the chat window announcements right after launching your campaign.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks for the Info! I was able to solve this one on my own. Turns out I had the Reloaded setting extension loaded as well as the Weird West and that was blocking the desk top bennies for showing up or even appearing in the Options list. LOL, FGU is amazingly awesome but it can be quirky. Downside, now that I have the Reloaded extension removed I lost the cool little bullet hole Icon for items that can be opened into there own separate windows. Ill have to figure out how to change it in the rulesetbullet holes.PNG

That's the latest version of SWADE. Those options should be in the "Per User" section. They've been there for many versions, so even an old version of Savage Worlds would display those options.
    Have you tried without the Deadlands extensions and theme? The other three extensions won't affect the benny options (though the height indicator will interfere with distance calculations).

Edit: Nevermind, you figured it out while I was writing this reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Uetha Taylos View Post
    Ill have to figure out how to change it in the rulesetbullet holes.PNG
    That's fairly easy. I'm busy at the moment, but if you give me a few hours I can throw you a simple extension you can use to copy the bullet holes from the DLR Setting.

Okay, so if I did this right:

- Download the ZIP
    - Unpack it in C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\ Fantasy Grounds\extensions
    - While in C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\ Fantasy Grounds\extensions, look for something along the lines of "DeadlandsReloaded.ext" or something along those lines
    - Open it with WinRAR or 7zip or whatever else tickles your fancy
    - Navigate to graphics\buttons
    - Grab the 5 files starting with "button_link" and replace the files in C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\ Fantasy Grounds\extensions\Theme_CustomIcons\graphics\butt ons
    - Start FantasyGrounds and use the "Theme: Custom Icons" extension
    - If you (and I) did everything right, you should now have the bullet holes again
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Uetha Taylos View Post
    Thanks for the Info! I was able to solve this one on my own. Turns out I had the Reloaded setting extension loaded as well as the Weird West and that was blocking the desk top bennies for showing up or even appearing in the Options list. LOL, FGU is amazingly awesome but it can be quirky. Downside, now that I have the Reloaded extension removed I lost the cool little bullet hole Icon for items that can be opened into there own separate windows. Ill have to figure out how to change it in the rulesetbullet holes.PNG

Deadlands Reloaded does not use Beenies it used Fate Chips, so loading both settings you were cancelling each other out :S
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by FrodoB View Post
    Okay, so if I did this right:

- Download the ZIP
    - Unpack it in C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\ Fantasy Grounds\extensions
    - While in C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\ Fantasy Grounds\extensions, look for something along the lines of "DeadlandsReloaded.ext" or something along those lines
    - Open it with WinRAR or 7zip or whatever else tickles your fancy
    - Navigate to graphics\buttons
    - Grab the 5 files starting with "button_link" and replace the files in C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\ Fantasy Grounds\extensions\Theme_CustomIcons\graphics\butt ons
    - Start FantasyGrounds and use the "Theme: Custom Icons" extension
    - If you (and I) did everything right, you should now have the bullet holes again
    Thanks for this! Ill load it up before Saturdays game and let you know if it works.

Thread Information