DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Adding a magical effect to a weapon

Looking for advice on how to edit a weapon so that it does 1d6 fire damage in its normal role. An example of this would be a flaming rapier. Without getting into the rule rules. The rapier could deal 2d6 piercing and an additonal 1d6 fire damage. I did some research and had no luck.

This doesn't seem to work either
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...2/PFRPG2+Items

Again, any help would be appreciated.

Apologies if this was asked before, I could not find it.

Sorry for the wrong information. Figured I would remove the link.
    Last edited by Moroz; July 14th, 2022 at 16:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Moroz View Post
    You could copy the Flame Tongue as a base and modify the description.
    Also I was pointed to this link for help with things like this https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...omation#Damage
    That link is for D&D 5e effects, which are different from Pathfinder Second Edition. The PF2 effects Wiki page can be found here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...PFRPG2+Effects
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Omwch View Post
    What isn't working? The details in that Wiki article, especially the example at the end of the page, show how to add 1d6 fire damage to a weapon. The gotcha is that you make the changes before adding the weapon to a PC, as the data is only checked when adding the item to the PC. If you want to change a weapon already on the PC then edit the weapon entry in the actions tab and add a new damage entry there.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Here's an example - the standard rapier from the Core Rules has been copied and the damage entry changed to 2d6/1d6, and the damage type set to piercing/fire. When added to the PC you can see the damage entry has been correctly created.

Attached Images Attached Images

thank you Trenloe,
    The gotcha is exactly what is happening. i was able to add the effect but I could show the effect it in the damage section. This really helped.

Thread Information