DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Possible to use FG Pathfinder 1e Adventure Paths using FG Pathfinder 2e rulesets?

Hello all,
    I apologize if this has been answered before, I am new to Fantasy Grounds, I searched the Forums but I suspect that I don't know enough to have done a effective search.

Here's what I'd like to be able to do: Using Fantasy Grounds to run a Pathfinder 1e Adventure Path, but run it using Pathfinder 2e rules.

If that is feasible in this software, I'm wondering what is the best way to do so. Ideally I'd love to be able to purchase the FG Adventure Path bundle and use everything already created but I'm wondering if it is easy/possible to convert those to 2e, or if it's not possible, then maybe I shouldn't purchase them through FG, just use the Pathfinder 2e Core rules and re-create the adventure--a task I don't know if I have the spare time for.

Thank you for any thoughts you can share about this! I can't imagine I'm the only one to have ever asked this (specially a couple of years in haha) so again I apologize if my poor searching ability, if there's already a thread answering this, I'd love if someone could link it.

Thanks kindly!

Welcome to the FG forums!

You can open the whole module in a campaign for another ruleset using the Universal Module extension. Find it here: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/266/view This will give you access to everything from the modules you activate, if you try to use data that isn't generic (e.g. NPCs, spells, etc.) you may get errors. But generic data should be fine - primarily images, story and reference manual.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you so much for the quick reply! That's very cool, happy to know that these tools exist!

There's a discord server I'm part of where there are discussions on the various 1e AP's and converting them to 2e. Some are more developed than other's but it may be a useful resource to you.

Thanks for letting me know. After doing some research and realizing I'd have to do some mods either way regardless, I've decided to try out Foundry at least for now. If your discord group also covers other VTTs other than FG or if there's general discussions that would be platform independent, I'd love an invite to the discord if that's an option!

I'm guessing vonBlashyrkh is talking about the A Series of Dice-Based Events discord server, which is VTT agnostic: https://discord.gg/UQ8UD3H

Thanks, I'll check it out! I appreciate the link!

Yes, I was, wasn't sure if it was ok to provide the link without asking

That universal module extension is a must-have. We play a lot of PF1 and 3.5 adventures, but we use PF2 rules for everything. It's amazing to just pop it in when FG has an older pre-made adventure path all done up with maps & images. A lifesaver!

I just wish there was a way for us to disable monster and items. They always stand on my way and confuse me with 2e monsters and items. Not the worst, just annoying.
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

Thread Information