DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Dice sound disappeared on macOS

From time to time I am running FGU on macOS Monterey 12.4 on Mac Mini M1. Noticed that dice sounds have disappeared even though I put /dicevolume to on and on 100.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I don't have that issue on my MacBook Pro running MacOS 10.15. (which is the OS I need to keep my MacBook on to ensure compatibility with older OS when building)

Perhaps the new MacOS 12.4 is doing more sandboxing of accessibility to the sound, and it can be configured somewhere?

Regards,
    JPG

I don't think there is any. macOS is quite basic and empty of features on the audio side. The only thing I control is input/output, and I tried to switch to the default mini speakers to, headset to the regular monitors I have.

Aside from that, I have no idea what else to troubleshoot or try. But audio is definitely not there.

Is there any chance that you might have accidentally turned the volume settings on down or off in the FGU chat commands? I know you are in the console a bit.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    Is there any chance that you might have accidentally turned the volume settings on down or off in the FGU chat commands? I know you are in the console a bit.
    macOS does not have control on per-application level without 3rd party program like Rogue Amoeba SoundSource or Audio Hijack and I know my way around FGU so I immediately did:
    /dicevolume on
    /dicevolume 100

Nothing. I also found that /dice slash command is doing the same, not sure if the issue is in the slash handler or something in the application.

I have a 2021 14" MBP running Monterey 12.4, and the dice sounds are working for me with slash commands and drag and drop. Just adding another data point for reference.

Today the dice sound is there. I have no explanation what was wrong, as nothing was done on the computer...

Fun thing - dice sounds are gone again. The only thing changed in the configuration of the machine was update to 12.5.

This is very frustrating

We haven't pushed any client updates for months; so not sure why the sound would be on and off. Nothing changed on this side.

Regards,
    JPG

Yes, I know the client hasn't been updated and this is where the frustration is. There is something on macOS M1-based systems that cause this. My machine is quite pristine and I don't have anything that is messing with sounds and this happens.

Thread Information