FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Right click on PC portrait and there is a control button that does not do anything on the client side. What is supposed to happen is on the client it does exactly the same funtion as die tower right click whisper.

So there either two options to fix it:

1) Remove the control. If is not supposed to be present on the client screen. It which case there is no automation to whisper to the GM out side of using the die tower.

or

2) Right click on client side whisper button should write w/ GM to chat.

or

3) Currently if show all whisper to GM is switched on. The PC ac use the button to whisper to himself. It will enter w/ <characters name> and the GM will see it even although it is not directed at him. A bit clunky but its a viable workaround.

Original bug reported on idea informer and patched in update 5.4.0. Since then it appears to have changed.
    Last edited by Lonewolf; July 8th, 2022 at 18:30.
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

It's working for me in the Test channel. (i.e. whisper to specific PC option on PC portraits for GM and other players; whisper to GM on dice tower)

I'm still not sure what the issue is, as that is the expected behavior.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    It's working for me in the Test channel. (i.e. whisper to specific PC option on PC portraits for GM and other players; whisper to GM on dice tower)

I'm still not sure what the issue is, as that is the expected behavior.

Regards,
    JPG
    Are you connecting from a different machine?

When I connect to my own server, I get this on the player side.

whisper.png

GM side has full range of options. But maybe it doesnt allow whispering yourself.... so that makes this test borked.

Yes, if you control multiple identities, you can not whisper to your other identities.

Regards,
    JPG

Yes, if you control multiple identities, you can not whisper to your other identities.

Regards,
    JPG
    In Savage_Doswelks game today, I gave the whisper a test.

I can whisper the GM fine (from the dice tower) but the only player that has the option for whispers is MY character. All the other PC tokens only bring up the Unlock PC Bar icon.

whisper1.png
    whisper2.png

I tried clicking all over the PC portraits but only mine has the usual options. This is in Live.

It sounds like the logic is backwards in Live. I mirrored the Core version of the code to SW in the Test channel.

Regards,
    JPG

Here is another run down of all behaviours in Test branch. Testing enviroment is dual computers each with their own FG account connected through internet.

With default settings only:
    Client side: No extra whisper button on PC portrait right click
    GM side: button to enter whisper command directed to PC portrait right click

With dice tower switched on and show GM die rolls on:
    Client side: No extra whisper button on PC portrait right click
    Does have button on dice tower to whisper to GM
    GM side: button to enter whisper command directed to PC portrait right click

So currently on live there is no way to get a button to appear on PC portrait right click. The only way for client is get a button is use the one on the dice tower if it is switched on. Of the three choices presented to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
    Right click on PC portrait and there is a control button that does not do anything on the client side. What is supposed to happen is on the client it does exactly the same funtion as die tower right click whisper.

So there either two options to fix it:

1) Remove the control. If is not supposed to be present on the client screen. It which case there is no automation to whisper to the GM out side of using the die tower.

or

2) Right click on client side whisper button should write w/ GM to chat.

or

3) Currently if show all whisper to GM is switched on. The PC can use the button to whisper to himself. It will enter w/ <characters name> and the GM will see it even although it is not directed at him. A bit clunky but its a viable workaround.

Original bug reported on idea informer and patched in update 5.4.0. Since then it appears to have changed.
    We are now on option 1 in test branch and live. Now this is a better state I think that having a button to appear on PC portrait right click that does nothing. The current state removes that button but there is an identical replacement on the dice tower. So the client can still use instead.

It is not the same setup as before. However it seems like a good enough solution to me.
    Ultimate License holder.

You can not whisper between PCs that are owned by the same user. The whisper to PC option will only show up on a portrait if the PC is owned and connected by a different player. This is the same for both SW and All other CoreRPG-based rulesets.

Regards,
    JPG

You can not whisper between PCs that are owned by the same user. The whisper to PC option will only show up on a portrait if the PC is owned and connected by a different player. This is the same for both SW and All other CoreRPG-based rulesets.

Regards,
    JPG
    Once again for me. Testing enviroment is mutiple computers each with their own FG account connected through internet. So that is mutiple users right there. Sorry for all the bold text but I honestly could not come up with a better way to clarify. Being half asleep probably does not help me but here goes:
    It appears that most of us are talking about a missing whisper to GM function which is being heard as whisper to PC. Which is not suprising since OP question was about whisper to PC.
    Here where the confusion lies. Right click on a someone else and you do get the button to whisper to that other PC
    However there was also a function to rightclick on your own PC and whisper to GM. This is now gone. The last time it was working would have been version 5.4.0.

So yeah. Clear as mud . I am also thinking that original button in question was actually a bug that we exploited. If show all whispers to GM is switched on. The PC could use the button to whisper to himself. It will enter w/ <characters name> and the GM will see it even although it is not directed at him. This behaviour has been reported in this thread by more than one person.

Never mine. In short the reported problem is fixed. Sort of. Since the button in question that was fixed in version update 5.4.0 has now been removed completely. The issue of a button to whisper to GM on the client side using your own PC portrait not working is gone. People can still whisper to GM using the die tower which duplicates the function anyway.
    Last edited by Lonewolf; July 13th, 2022 at 14:57.
    Ultimate License holder.

I reviewed the character list portrait code in the Savage Worlds ruleset all the way back to 2018; and according to that code, there was never a whisper to GM option on character list portraits. It was always on the dice tower. In fact, I remember that the CoreRPG code was adapted from the Savage Worlds code to generalize it.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information