DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Whisper not working

Hi. My players are not able to whisper to each other except through a /w command, i.e. there is no radial menu option from the character portraits to whisper someone. However, I as the GM can. Is this a bug or have I set something up wrong?

AFAIK only the GM has the right click option since he can only whisper with other players; whereas the players can whisper to each other or to the GM so they need to use /w or /whisper in chat.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mansquatch62 View Post
    Hi. My players are not able to whisper to each other except through a /w command, i.e. there is no radial menu option from the character portraits to whisper someone. However, I as the GM can. Is this a bug or have I set something up wrong?
    Ikael fixed this a while back but it reared its head again. Players can right click the Dice Tower to whisper the GM, and there is a Savage Worlds only feature if you type /w And the first few letters of a players name the names will populate and press tab to auto complete.

This report is about the right click menu on PC portrait.

Whisper button is indeed broken again. Players cannot whisper with right click on PC portrait.
    Original bug reported on idea informer and patched in update 5.4.0

Fix has been undone.
    Last edited by Lonewolf; July 2nd, 2022 at 11:47.
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
    This report is about the right click menu on PC portrait.

Whisper button is indeed broken again. Players cannot whisper with right click on PC portrait.
    Original bug reported on idea informer and patched in update 5.4.0

Fix has been undone.
    Yeah Ikael only added it because of me asking/nagging/brain washing .... but it broke a while ago.

I'm not sure I'm seeing an issue with this; could you guys walk me through the steps where you're seeing the issue?

Thanks,
    JPG

I cannot replicate this on LIVE either tbh.
    When setting up a server and joining myself, the Client can right-click the player portrait (okay, himself) on the top-left corner to whisper to himself and right-click the Dice Tower to whisper to the GM.

On TEST a player cannot whisper to himself and I alone cannot try if the player can whisper to another player, but the player can right-click the dice tower to whisper to the GM.

(Sidebug: Dice Tower not visible for GM, but I might open up a new thread for that tomorrow...)
    Last edited by FrodoB; July 5th, 2022 at 22:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I'm not sure I'm seeing an issue with this; could you guys walk me through the steps where you're seeing the issue?

Thanks,
    JPG
    Players (and the GM) used to be able to right click on other players portraits along the top of the screen and select whisper and it would fill in the beginnings of a whisper in the chat window.

It doesn't do this anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by FrodoB View Post
    (Sidebug: Dice Tower not visible for GM, but I might open up a new thread for that tomorrow...)
    GM won't see the dice tower by default as their rolls are hidden. To show the dice tower the campaign option to show GM rolls needs to be enabled - allowing the GM to hide their rolls by using the dice tower.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    GM won't see the dice tower by default as their rolls are hidden. To show the dice tower the campaign option to show GM rolls needs to be enabled - allowing the GM to hide their rolls by using the dice tower.
    Oh whoops, you're right. Had that setting disabled in my Test campaign. TIL!

Thread Information