DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Extension Creation - Changes to CoreRPG Tab Icons.

I've been working on adapting a TTRPG to the MoreCore ruleset, which has worked very well. However, I needed to change 2 character sheet labels and a single tab icon and those as it turned out are handled by the CoreRPG ruleset. I manage to change the Characters Sheet's "RACE" to "BACKGROUND" and "Abilities" to "Talents" by adding 2 strings in a custom XML file that's included in my extension.xml. The [Abilities] tab which I needed to change on the other hand, proved to be much more difficult as those are setup in CoreRPG's \graphics\graphics_tabs.xml. I did that by creating a new tab icon that fit the size dimensions (font had to be an miniscule 2 points!) and changing my extensions.xml file to reference my new icon. That worked, but for some reason my icon label doesn't center left-to-right in the tab like the others and hugs the left edge. A side effect of the tab change as well, is that it's now also become the secondary tab for the Class window.

What I'd much prefer, is to have a secondary tab icon for the Class window that's named [Levels]. I know how to create the icon, but I haven't got a clue how to stop CoreRPG from using the original [Abilities] tab icon and using a new, custom icon instead.
    Thus my question, how would I get that Class window to use a custom tab icon instead of the [Abilities] icon?

I was also unable to determine which font is used in the default tab icons. If someone could list that font name and the point size, it'd be much appreciated.
    Last edited by kronovan; June 28th, 2022 at 20:40.

You need to merge record_char.
    <tab>
    <icon>tab_abilities</icon>
    <subwindow>abilities</subwindow>
    </tab>

That is what you need to edit. Then you need to make an Icon that is your custom tab. Look in the tabs folder under graphics for examples.

Alternatively just make your tab and name it tab_abilities. Which is Much easier.

Im not sure which way works bet for what you are trying to do.
    Last edited by bayne7400; June 28th, 2022 at 20:45.

Many thanks for the suggestions Bayne.

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    You need to merge record_char.
    <tab>
    <icon>tab_abilities</icon>
    <subwindow>abilities</subwindow>
    </tab>

That is what you need to edit.
    I'm not fully following what you're suggesting there, but it's probably the sort of thing that'll make more sense once I dive into the files.

Then you need to make an Icon that is your custom tab. Look in the tabs folder under graphics for examples.
    Agreed and already done. My new custom tab is named tab_talents.png and is currently displaying correctly in my ruleset built upon MoreCore.

Alternatively just make your tab and name it tab_abilities. Which is Much easier.

Im not sure which way works bet for what you are trying to do.
    That probably won't work for me, because I'm currently using the abilities_tab record/file for my custom icon. This is what the line in my extension.xml reads as:

<icon name="tab_abilities" file="graphics/tabs/tab_talents.png" />
    [Edit] And just so it's clear, what I'm meaning by Class window is the window that's displayed once you've created a new class in the Classes window and clicked it. That window by default has 2 tabs; 1 called [Main] and the other called [Abilities]. Since for my extension I've changed the tab icon that the abilities_tab record points to, my 2nd tab for that window is named [Talents]. I'd really like that 2nd tab to be independent of the abilities_tab record and have it's own record and tab icon.
    Last edited by kronovan; June 28th, 2022 at 23:02.

Thread Information