5E Character Create Playlist

Return the feature that allows temporary increase of ability scores in PC Sheet

We reached a milestone in the campaign where the party has access to magical items and several increase the ability scores. When they asked how to increase the ability scores temporary like the saving throws and other with + on the box, I was very surprised to find out that what I thought was a feature for attribute scores is now removed from the ruleset. I found this very old post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post283885.

Can we get the feature back? It is extremely useful for my players and myself as GM to keep track of things on PC sheet?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Add such requests to the wish list where they'll retain some visibility (they'll get lost on the forums). Link in my signature.

Having said that such increases that you speak of are better dealt with by effects because you can add a descriptor showing exactly why you have an increase in a stat. For example if you get some item which increases strength then you can create an effect 'Belt of Awesome;STR:2'. The effect tells you why you have an increase of 2 to your strength rather than just having a little bubble with 2 in it on the ability score. This also goes for anything which increased any of the other stats such as initiative or saving throws or skills. You are very likely to forget why you have a +3 to perception if it's just a number but if you have a descriptive effect you know exactly why you have it.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

so the temp +number is only on skills and saves, for ability scores for a temp boost the best method is to apply an effect to the character in the combat tracker, e.g STR: 2 https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ects#Modifiers

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Add such requests to the wish list where they'll retain some visibility (they'll get lost on the forums). Link in my signature.

Having said that such increases that you speak of are better dealt with by effects because you can add a descriptor showing exactly why you have an increase in a stat. For example if you get some item which increases strength then you can create an effect 'Belt of Awesome;STR:2'. The effect tells you why you have an increase of 2 to your strength rather than just having a little bubble with 2 in it on the ability score. This also goes for anything which increased any of the other stats such as initiative or saving throws or skills. You are very likely to forget why you have a +3 to perception if it's just a number but if you have a descriptive effect you know exactly why you have it.
    Effects are not of use, as they don't impact the carrying weight for example. Also other use-cases popped up for players to want ability to track temporary things related to attributes in their sheets.

I will add to the wish list, though I doubt this helps nowadays.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thread Information