DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Foundry VTT maps & FG

Can you use maps, designed for Foundry VTT, on Fantasy Grounds Unity or will you need to make a lot of adjustments to make it work correctly?

I have not tried it and am just curious as I see quite a few patreons that develop maps for Foundry/ Roll20, while not many that develop for FG.

Thanks for the responses.

Blog Entries
    What is a map designed for Foundry? i.e. how is it different than an image file? If it is just an image file (.png, .jpg) it will work fine. Some other image formats will need to be converted to one that FG supports. Animated files files are not supported in FG. If their is a way to export a FVTT map with LOS information, then I doubt that is compatible with FG and you would need to find a conversion tool (their is one fr Dungeon Draft for example).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by JimTrav57 View Post
    Can you use maps, designed for Foundry VTT, on Fantasy Grounds Unity or will you need to make a lot of adjustments to make it work correctly?

I have not tried it and am just curious as I see quite a few patreons that develop maps for Foundry/ Roll20, while not many that develop for FG.

Thanks for the responses.
    If you mean the "Universal VTT Map Format" ? I don't know of a way to import them into FG.

The image of the map (if it's a png/jpg) will work from Foundry. The webp images wont and will need to be converted to the previously mentioned type. As far as I know there is also no way to export the LOS/lighting from Foundry to FG.
    Last edited by celestian; June 23rd, 2022 at 23:12.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

This script is supposed to export the LoS data and graphics file from the various UVTT formats: https://github.com/Imagix/uvtt2fgu/
    Native Texan. Tabletop Gaming since 1977. Ultimate License holder. Life-long Trekkie. Traveller fanatic. Die-hard Savage. OSR enthusiast. 1930's Pulp aficionado.
    Currently Running:
    Cypher System: Shotguns, Sorcery & Shenanigans
    Currently Playing:
    Shadowdark: ShadowRim Excursion
    Savage Worlds: Hell Divers
    Ambition & Avarice: Maelstrom Island
    Time Zone: Central Daylight Time (GMT-5)

Quote Originally Posted by sirkerry View Post
    This script is supposed to export the LoS data and graphics file from the various UVTT formats: https://github.com/Imagix/uvtt2fgu/
    I can verify that script works fairly well for maps made in the Dungeondraft mapping program which uses UVTT format. Minor errors occur, mostly two intersecting walls not completely connecting in the LOS. It still saves a lot of time. So if Foundry uses the same format that should work to convert it to FGU. The script creates three files; a jpg, a png, and a xml file. You have to place both the xml file and one of the image files in your FGU image folder for it to work.
    Last edited by Tabarkus; June 23rd, 2022 at 23:03.

ok, if the animated map is in any of the following formats: avc ultra hd (4k), avi, flv, hevc, hevc ultra (4k), hevc ultra (8k), mkv, mpg-2, mpg-4, wmv.

or does any of those formats need to be converted to webm?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shezingzh View Post
    ok, if the animated map is in any of the following formats: avc ultra hd (4k), avi, flv, hevc, hevc ultra (4k), hevc ultra (8k), mkv, mpg-2, mpg-4, wmv.

or does any of those formats need to be converted to webm?
    For use in FG? All of them need to be converted to webm VP8.
    Only the following animated images are supported; fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes_v4.html

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Well, the latest update did include support for UVTT file imports without the need to convert them first.

Support for UVTT file import. (Converted to PNG and XML)

Thread Information