STAR TREK 2d20

Lighting Question

My players are going to be exploring the castle's crypt area. There is absolutely no lighting down there! When I make a map, I can't find a way to reduce the ambient light to zero so even characters without a light source can see on the maps fairly well (which is not what I want). Is this a system default that players can always see no matter what? Or am I missing a setting somewhere?

I've watched a bunch of videos, set ambient light levels to 0 for both bright and dim, characters tokens have no vision turned on and no light sources enabled. I'm baffled.

Are you looking at the GM side? If so, the GM can always see, unless you enable Player Preview, or connect a second instance to your campaign (launch a second instance of FG and use Join Campaign to see things from a player perspective). For the Player Preview option, you need to have a token placed on the map (from the CT), then click on that token to get a preview.

Can you screen shot your image panel for this map?

For sure, if there is no ambient lighting, and the characters do not have a light source, then the map will not be lit for the characters.

GM View:

Player Preview (from GM instance):

Player view (from second instance joined to the first):

If I remove the Lantern the PC has, it goes blank.

Player Preview (from GM instance):

Player view (from second instance joined to the first):

Since I had a Lantern, it does have the previously viewed areas as Fog of War, but the token cannot actually see anything.

Hopefully this helps, if not, please screen shot your unlocked image panel.

Thread Information