DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 11 First ... 7891011 Last
    Thanks. I'll take a look...
    Twitter: @Doomswords
    Discord: Doomsword#0669

Quote Originally Posted by Vackipleur View Post
    Great ! It works now

Same for players. It's important, for example, if you want to set a different initiative for some players using missile weapons because it is adjusted by DEX bonus.
    Latest update fixes being able to change innit values in ct node detail, and have it reflected in the list with the actor moved to the appropriate spot in the list. It was an issue with the d6 option and quite tricky, but should work now

Quote Originally Posted by ZippeeJerred View Post
    Hi,
    there seems to be an issue with non-group initiative. With all options turned to deny group initiative (Neither / Off / Off) the CT is still rolling by group.

I can override for the PCs by rolling on individual sheets but then as soon as NPC initiative is rolled it includes the PCs and changes them to group with a fresh score.

Any form of initiative roll via the CT is by group.

Can't break out of the cycle at all its the same with both D6 and D10.

If I roll initiative from an NPC sheet nothing rolls - there's no change to any results on the CT
    This should be resolved in the new update.

New update available - 1.79

fix init mod changes in options when running under 2E
    fix changing init values in a ct record when using d6 for init - now properly reflects the change and moves the actor to the correct position in the list
    fix dragging actors to different spots in the list and properly updating d6 init values
    fix initiative grouping issues when grouping options have changed
    fixes for dm generating init from ct menu, to ensure values higher than the max die value won't be generated regardless of init die
    other minor fixes for occassional weirdness, particularly in init and combat scripts

* please test everything that you can and let me know if you find problems. I test as much as is reasonable, but a lot of these updates, lately, have carried a lot of changes and refactoring, so things sometimes get missed and/or reintroduced. Hope I didn't break something!
    Last edited by Doomsword; March 28th, 2024 at 23:30.

Many thanks for the quick response.

I've tested and played around with CT and initiative for most of the morning - can't find any errors. No doubt that'll happen 5 minutes into the next game

Will let you know if anything weird crops up

Many thanks for the quick response.

I've tested and played around with CT and initiative for most of the morning - can't find any errors. No doubt that'll happen 5 minutes into the next game

Will let you know if anything weird crops up
    Yeah, that's the way it always goes...

Thanks for testing it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsword View Post
    @seanny

I hadn't noticed, but it's because of your character's encumbrance and the attack penalties that 2E assigns to those. OSRIC uses a lot of stuff from 2E, including this. It shouldn't have used this. To the best of my knowledge, there are no attack penalties for encumbrance in 1E or OSRIC, so I fixed it in the OSRIC ruleset. When you update, this should be taken care of. Thanks again for the excellent report - I'm surprised I never noticed it myself.
    This AD&D2 feature is active again.
    It's like the 2E effect
    Encumbered
    Moderate: ATK -1; Heavy ATK -2, AC -1; Severe: ATK -4, AC -3
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Vackipleur; April 1st, 2024 at 17:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Vackipleur View Post
    This AD&D2 feature is active again.
    It's like the 2E effect
    I might have reintroduced it, but I'm not sure I ever handled it when using the 2E ruleset vs. the OSRIC one. Thanks for the report.
    It's now corrected in version 1.80 and I've also fixed a bug with incorrect currency weights calculating while the session is loaded. The latter was something I noticed while looking into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsword View Post
    Yeah, that's the way it always goes...

Thanks for testing it out!
    Turned out it took 10 minutes but . . .

First issue - spell duration in CT isn't clicking down, I know this was working a couple of weeks ago but not last night - also seems to be true for light sources.

Second issue - zombie initiative - they should always go last and have a INIT 80 effect in place which I assume is intended to put them on initiative 80 to ensure they go last (seems an odd number to pick but. . .) Anyway rolling NPC initiative on the CT kept rolling individual initiative for them. I could manually change it by overwriting for each on the CT but it was tedious.

Third issue (and this may be more OSRIC than general) but the PC sheets do not seem to be adding in the racial CON bonuses to saving throws for Dwarves and Gnomes - I can add this manually but would have thought it would be automated?

Similarly PC Thieves get neither racial or ability modifiers to their skills (oddly classed NPCs get their racial [but no ability] modifiers, I assume that's because they are pre-built in OSRIC)

Are these things meant to be automated?

Turned out it took 10 minutes but . . .

First issue - spell duration in CT isn't clicking down, I know this was working a couple of weeks ago but not last night - also seems to be true for light sources.

Second issue - zombie initiative - they should always go last and have a INIT 80 effect in place which I assume is intended to put them on initiative 80 to ensure they go last (seems an odd number to pick but. . .) Anyway rolling NPC initiative on the CT kept rolling individual initiative for them. I could manually change it by overwriting for each on the CT but it was tedious.

Third issue (and this may be more OSRIC than general) but the PC sheets do not seem to be adding in the racial CON bonuses to saving throws for Dwarves and Gnomes - I can add this manually but would have thought it would be automated?

Similarly PC Thieves get neither racial or ability modifiers to their skills (oddly classed NPCs get their racial [but no ability] modifiers, I assume that's because they are pre-built in OSRIC)

Are these things meant to be automated?
    1. Spell and light effects durations are counting down properly for me. Maybe you have another extension installed that is interfering? If you want, let me know of a specific spell and I'll test it out. I tested several, as well as a couple of light effects
    2. Zombies are definitely broken. I handle them and other monsters with custom init in a specific way that I seem to have accidentally left out at some point - I'll get this fixed quickly
    3 and 4. Not automated but shouldn't be too difficult. I'll work on this as a feature request. If you have any others, let me know. Yeah, the thief NPCs being pre-built in the OSRIC reference work would certainly explain why those appear to be "working"

Thanks!

Thread Information