5E Character Create Playlist
    Blog Entries

Question on New Prone Not being Displayed

• [CoreRPG+] Application of Dead, Dying, Prone, Stable, and Unconscious effects will no longer be shown to players for non-friendly actors.

I understand that players would not know Dead, Dying, Stable, Unconscious conditions for non-friendly actors, but isn't Prone something obvious and would be known by everyone? What am I missing?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I was just about to raise the same point after reading the change list.

I agree the other effects are not immediately obvious during combat, but if someone is prone as opposed to standing, it is fairly obvious. Also, tactically it can make a difference on who/how you attack. Example, in 5e you have disadvantage on ranged attacks against prone targets, so you may want to target another.

After investigation, it appears to be some sort of behavior specific to Starfinder that did not mirror Pathfinder like it should. I've updated the SFRPG ruleset to match; and removed the mention of Prone being affected.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Thanks Moon
    My familiarity/interest is 5E, but would seem t be universal to other rulesets as well. Looking forward to all these improvements.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information