DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    A quick test with 'stealth tracker' extension, seems to have no interaction issues. Its stealth effect is been added/removed and chat seems to show the correct information.

A quick test with 'Request Roll' extension, seems to have no interaction issues. The requested rolls show up for the player as expected, and non of the surprise round extension rolls end up within the requested roll pop-ups.

-pete
    Good to hear.

I see the combat timer and your buttons have a placement overlap issue.
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/162/view
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi,

re: integration with Stealth Tracker, the way my table adjudicates the triggering of Surprise often occurs as the Rogue is "stealthing" well ahead of the party, with just them having a Stealth entry on the CT. We generally use any pre-existing stealth roll for when enemies approach, and use the NPC's passive perception versus this, to check for surprise. So would it be possible for the Surprise Round Extension to check, and if there, use the, in this example, Rogues Stealth score rather than re-roll it?

So, would it be possible to add 2 options, one to check and use any existing Stealth entry rather than re-roll and, secondly, to choose who will be making the rolls, so specific PC/NPCs (maybe this is something that could be integrated into the Request Rolls extension interface, or something similar?), as often group rolls for stealth aren't appropriate, especially with Rogue/scout type characters setting up ambushes deliberately well ahead of the party. Plus, on large maps, there may be a lot of NPCs who are of no relevance to the surprise roll and can make the chat displayed results hard to sift through to find which are relevant to this specific surprise attack.

Really liking the possibilities of the extension, and thanks for all your work on this and your other extensions.

Cheers,

Simon
    Last edited by Ludd_G; June 15th, 2022 at 09:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludd_G View Post
    Hi,

re: integration with Stealth Tracker, the way my table adjudicates the triggering of Surprise often occurs as the Rogue is "stealthing" well ahead of the party, with just them having a Stealth entry on the CT. We generally use any pre-existing stealth roll for when enemies approach, and use the NPC's passive perception versus this, to check for surprise. So would it be possible for the Surprise Round Extension to check, and if there, use the, in this example, Rogues Stealth score rather than re-roll it?

So, would it be possible to add 2 options, one to check and use any existing Stealth entry rather than re-roll and, secondly, to choose who will be making the rolls, so specific PC/NPCs (maybe this is something that could be integrated into the Request Rolls extension interface, or something similar?), as often group rolls for stealth aren't appropriate, especially with Rogue/scout type characters setting up ambushes deliberately well ahead of the party. Plus, on large maps, there may be a lot of NPCs who are of no relevance to the surprise roll and can make the chat displayed results hard to sift through to find which are relevant to this specific surprise attack.

Really liking the possibilities of the extension, and thanks for all your work on this and your other extensions.

Cheers,

Simon
    Added your comment into my todo file for the extension. When I get some time I'll look at option for 'if stealth tracker' is enabled use the effect stealth only, I've added a thought on a tick box in each CT entry to enable/disable involvement. I'm not a fan of adding to request roll, as that implies the players roll at that side and thats a different code complexity to manage... But I'll think about the last one as it might grow on me at some point. ( But I've not looked at the request roll source so not sure if its even an option to integrate into it.. )

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludd_G View Post
    Hi,

Cheers,

Simon
    I can second this. My table does this as well and we use the stealth tracker ext. I would be fine allowing this ext to handle the rolls even though we use RR, not everything can be sent to the players.
    Last edited by nephranka; June 16th, 2022 at 18:02.

v1.2 - adds an option to apply a CT entry tick box to control if stealth/perception rolls are used for that entry or not.
    Adds a couple options for the stealth tracker extension, one to use the current effect stealth value or roll for stealth, and the other to decide if to update the effect stealth value after the roll.

also changed to a icons for the pc/npc surprise buttons, to clear up the space for the combat timer extension clock area.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

v1.2 - adds an option to apply a CT entry tick box to control if stealth/perception rolls are used for that entry or not.
    Adds a couple options for the stealth tracker extension, one to use the current effect stealth value or roll for stealth, and the other to decide if to update the effect stealth value after the roll.

also changed to a icons for the pc/npc surprise buttons, to clear up the space for the combat timer extension clock area.

-pete
    That all sounds good. The CT interface still has alignment issue for me. On button now is behind the clear the dead ext button and I think something is moving the Arcane ward box.

Also, picking up an chat message now: "Surprise must have at least 1 friend and 1 foe to check against." but I have 2 PCs and 2 NPC in the CT.
    Last edited by nephranka; June 16th, 2022 at 20:27.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    That all sounds good. The CT interface still has alignment issue for me. On button now is behind the clear the dead ext button and I think something is moving the Arcane ward box.

Also, picking up an chat message now: "Surprise must have at least 1 friend and 1 foe to check against." but I have 2 PCs and 2 NPC in the CT.
    i've added those two extensions to take a look... not used either... but with so much 'around' the CT its going to be hard to find a nice place to fit everything.

The system needs to have at least one friend and one foe... Do you have a clearer image when this happens... hard to tell from that shot. It looks like it should be ok but hard to tell due to the overlaps.. I guess that overlap is the arcane ward box been over the friend/foe/neutral/faction selection..

Let me take a look, and see how these extensions 'pin' things in the CT.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

i've added those two extensions to take a look... not used either... but with so much 'around' the CT its going to be hard to find a nice place to fit everything.

The system needs to have at least one friend and one foe... Do you have a clearer image when this happens... hard to tell from that shot. It looks like it should be ok but hard to tell due to the overlaps.. I guess that overlap is the arcane ward box been over the friend/foe/neutral/faction selection..

Let me take a look, and see how these extensions 'pin' things in the CT.

-pete
    Sure thing. Here is a shot of 2 pcs and 2 npcs...maybe I did something wrong?

Also, If you move the PC button to the left of the npc button it should be fine. I noticed that your button moves with the resize on that side. I assume the check button pushed the arcane ward box over but maybe not.

EDIT: Reset the CT and the stealth tracking it working but I get the error with a client attached.
    Last edited by nephranka; June 16th, 2022 at 22:28.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Sure thing. Here is a shot of 2 pcs and 2 npcs...maybe I did something wrong?

Also, If you move the PC button to the left of the npc button it should be fine. I noticed that your button moves with the resize on that side. I assume the check button pushed the arcane ward box over but maybe not.

EDIT: Reset the CT and the stealth tracking it working but I get the error with a client attached.
    So the 2 pc and 2 npc you have are not selected, with then enable CT selector... thats the 'empty' tick button to the left bottom of the token... the other side of the 'visible' eye... since you have nothing ticked you have nothing selected to 'surprise'... you need to 'tick' to enable 'drake' and say 'gold' to have at least one pc and one npc to roll the stealth/perception against... Or you can leave off the selector if you are happy for all on the CT to partake in the stealth/perception check for surprise.

I can not replicate the AW box issue, some bigger interaction ?

I can move the close dead,

image.PNG
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

v1.3 released and moves the clear the dead buttons to the right.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Thread Information