DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Map grid issue

Map grid issue

I made a map in CC3. Exported it as a jpg. The map has a 5' sq grid included. Brought the map into FG. When I go to put an FG grid on the map using the CC3 grid for sizing they do not match up except for the one square I use for reference.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

1) You can use the grid alignment tool in the image toolbar to change the grid size and move it left/right to get the best match.
    2) You can try this map align utility: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...gn-map-to-grid
    3) Or you can experiment with the image dimensions when you save from CC3. The issue is probably related to CC3 adding a border to the map - which extends a little outside the edge of the map - so you can't just specify pixels per grid square when exporting and expect those to line up as the original pixels per square export.

If you're still having issues after trying these approaches, please post your image so we can make recommendations specific to that.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Another option is to export your map from CC3 without a grid. That is hide the grid in the layers menu before exporting. You can also export without a border by checking the option in the image below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Using the Map Align Utility and Zacchaeus' advice and video I got it to work.

Thanks all for the great input.

Blog Entries
    There is also a CC3+ macro that mattekure and myself wrote that will let you set the pixels per grid and select the region to be exported and I think the file name too. It's on the PF forums here; https://forum.profantasy.com/discuss...set-resolution

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information