STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    Blog Entries
    No. Dune is still too new to participate in any sales.

Yeah another vote for a hopeful future where Conan is handled by a team who actually feel like doing the bare minimum (harsh comment, but well... images in the reference guide is a bare minimum and not much of an ask even for a part time outfit)

Looking forward to picking up the ruleset here when I finally get around to reading/running dune2d20

Shame about Mutant Chronicles 3e being discontinued due to license issues for modiphius, it was a great system with solid products and doesn't deserve to be put to pasture .

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I'm not sure of videos, but some background - the Dune 2d20 ruleset is developed in house by SmiteWorks and not by an external part time development team (who did Conan 2d20), so it's completely different in many ways. Also, if you purchase on the Fantasy Grounds store, there's a 30 days no questions asked refund policy.
    Is there hope the Conan ruleset will get updated?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by danman71 View Post
    Is there hope the Conan ruleset will get updated?
    We are considering redoing Conan at a future date. Much of this will depend upon how well some of the other Modiphius licensed products end up selling and what else we have on the project list. We don't expect that we would make much revenue from redoing Conan since it would be a free update for all previous customers. The reason for doing it would be purely from a customer support perspective. I suspect we will end up doing for that reason alone. Star Trek Adventures is the next 2d20 system we will be releasing. It is in the later stages of development and testing. Once that is released, we will re-evaluate priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    We are considering redoing Conan at a future date. Much of this will depend upon how well some of the other Modiphius licensed products end up selling and what else we have on the project list. We don't expect that we would make much revenue from redoing Conan since it would be a free update for all previous customers. The reason for doing it would be purely from a customer support perspective. I suspect we will end up doing for that reason alone. Star Trek Adventures is the next 2d20 system we will be releasing. It is in the later stages of development and testing. Once that is released, we will re-evaluate priorities.
    Honestly, Conan is the only 2d20 ruleset I own. I was considering buying it until I read the forums. There is a ton of additional content besides the Core Book and the Player's Guide. I think if the ruleset is updated there would be potential to sell some of these expansions:

Conan Jeweled Thrones of the Earth
    Conan the Thief
    Conan the Barbarian
    Conan the Mercenary
    Conan The Book of Skelos
    Conan the Pirate
    Nameless Cults
    Conan The Brigand
    Ancient Ruins & Cursed Cities
    Horrors of the Hyborian Age
    Conan The Wanderer
    Conan The Adventurer
    Conan The Scout
    Conan The King
    Kull of Atlantis
    The Exiles Sourcebook
    The Shadow of The Sorcerer
    The Age of Conan Sourcebook
    + 8 smaller Shining Kingdoms Modules

Yeah the content from Conan alone makes it great. If you guys don't want to do it I will offer to take it over and see if I can fix it up. I own the ruleset and I am just sitting on it. As an alternative maybe move it out from the vault if it's not going to be developed.

I currently own this ruleset for FGU
    but don't use it. There are better presentations on other VTT's. If it were updated and fixed I wouldn't hesitate to move back to FGU as I use FGU for most of my other games. This may be an opportunity lost, but I agree with danman71 above, there's lots of extra content that could be added.

I personally don’t care much about the Conan rule set. Personally, I’d rather see (pay for) content for Dune and Star Trek.

Any chance of an Achtung! Cthulhu ruleset?

Thread Information