STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Help with Inventors Construct Innovation

I can't for the life of me figure out how to make a character sheet for a players construct for them to use in game. The summoners eidolon was simple and just pops up for them.

What I've done for the construct so far is create a no ancestry and no class/level character and filled in stats by manually typing in the information into abilities, skills, notes, and actions. I created the inventor on herolab online so got all the info on the construct I need from there. What I can't do though is increase it's max hp from the default 2 that is there to the 18 it should be.

Is there an easier way or maybe I just missed the construct somehow from the guns and gears I purchased from the fantasy grounds store but thinking not since in the Tracker for the inventor class it has the images attached. I know this is one of the least popular options in the inventor but I'd of thought with the price of the book it would of been implemented or an easy way to put it in.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is something you might want to use to help with that https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/319/view

I think it might only be designed for animal companions, but should be easy enough to use with construct companions as well.

You can also "edit" a lot of uneditable seeming fields in the character sheet by hovering over the field and using mouse wheel while holding ctrl.
    Last edited by myyra; May 29th, 2022 at 14:10.

Thanks but neither of those options worked out. Ctrl and roll the mouse won't affect the hp since it's locked and linked. And that animal compainion mod only lets you link an already created character as a companion not modify it's hp.

It really just comes down to I need a way to change the hp on the automation. Anyone know a mod to do this for pf2e? Or a custom class that is construct companion?

I really wish they implemented this from the guns and gears book and a little annoyed at the price I paid for it that both the gunslinger and the inventor, the only 2 classes in the book, have so many things that aren't automated on them. it feels like just a rules dump which I own the books as a pdf so that's the last thing I'd want when paying for it since I have it.

Eidolon implementation doesn't work really well for animal companions, familiars and constructs, unfortunately. The easiest approach is a secondary PC sheet.
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

Oh yeah. I didn't realize you were trying to use the eidolon. Thought you were having trouble with a second character sheet.

I didn't see a way otherwise is there a class or ancestry I should use for it to get the stats right?

That forge item I linked earlier has pregenerated companion characters. You can just copy one of them and level it up and do whatever you like. If you need to modify some stats, that ctrl+mousewheel can be useful.

Just found it thanks the companion one had it in there had to dig deep into the module and it was hidden in there. I'm guessing it was just to new to have any documentation where to find it. I had to go into the module and look through the additions in there an found how to add one. Not sure if it can level up or not I'll find out when we get there I don't want to mess it up yet.
    Last edited by kodarr; May 30th, 2022 at 03:31.

A few items to note here - most of these have come out in the discussion above - but I want to make sure people are aware and understand this:
    • Only use the PC type of "Eidoilon" if the PC is an eidolon - don't use it for anything else.
    • Other associated PCs (animal companions, familiars, etc.) currently have to be handled manually. CTRL + mouse-wheel to change stats and HP, manually edit level as needed, etc.).
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 1st, 2022 at 21:38.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Wait how do you unlock the ability to ctrl + mouse wheel to adjust Max HP it's always locked and linked and I cannot adjust no matter what I use. Everything else I have been able to adjust.

Thread Information