STAR TREK 2d20
Page 8 of 10 First ... 678910 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Hi rhagelstrom, jolly fine extension.

A couple of questions; or maybe one question and a possible bug report - or maybe even two bug reports

At any rate on the DM side when using this extension and no others the Name and Initiative text at the top of the CT overwrite one another. I assume this is because once the extra AW header goes in it's pushing the other headers to the left except the name one which is staying where it is.

Also, and more importantly perhaps, is it intended that the AW header and boxes don't appear on the client at all either in the CT or the character sheet? The AW box appears fine for the GM in both CT and character sheets but are absent in the client view.

I'm not seeing either of these issues. I posted on FG discord to hit you up there to see whats going on.

Also wanted to note that the AW seen on the CT for the PC is a personal setting in options, so each PC that wants to see it would need to turn that on.

Yes, for others reading this, the solution is that there's an option client side which needs to be set in order to have the AW boxes appear on the CT and on the character sheet. Once you know that then the problem goes away.

Thanks @MrDDT
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I might be missing something, but I was trying to get this working today and having some issues, primarily with Arcane Ward.

The extension did create a feature with several temporary hitpoint heal entries for Arcane Ward. Those are all Self. They obviously apply to the Tmp box, not the AW box, so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do there.

The other issue is Projected Ward: If a player is going to use it to protect another player, how does that work? I created an effect: ARCANEWARD. That puts the text description on the player, but when I roll damage against that player, it still does damage to them. Am I just supposed to manually type the number into the AW (or Tmp) field on that player? I guess I'm missing the point of the ARCANEWARD effect.

Thanks.

You first of all need to go into options and set the CT: Show Arcane Ward to on. Once you do that you'll see a box on the character sheet and a row of them in the CT headed AW. On the characters action tab you'll see a wizard hat icon next to any adjuration spells. The character needs to click that icon when they cast the spell and it will automatically grant the caster the temporary hit points. These will be visible in the CT and on the character sheet.

For ARCANEWARD. Create the effect with targeting of 'Targets'. The Caster should then target the player they want to protect and then click the running man icon to apply the effect on that character. When they click on any abjuration spells' wizard hat the AW points will go onto the caster. If the character with the ACANEWARD on them gets damaged then the AW points will first be deducted from the AW points on the caster.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You first of all need to go into options and set the CT: Show Arcane Ward to on. Once you do that you'll see a box on the character sheet and a row of them in the CT headed AW. On the characters action tab you'll see a wizard hat icon next to any adjuration spells. The character needs to click that icon when they cast the spell and it will automatically grant the caster the temporary hit points. These will be visible in the CT and on the character sheet.

For ARCANEWARD. Create the effect with targeting of 'Targets'. The Caster should then target the player they want to protect and then click the running man icon to apply the effect on that character. When they click on any abjuration spells' wizard hat the AW points will go onto the caster. If the character with the ACANEWARD on them gets damaged then the AW points will first be deducted from the AW points on the caster.
    I see what I was doing wrong. I had to do a long rest for the party to get it to refresh so the initial 16 (level 6+4 int) points were applied. Now it appears to be working and the ARCANEWARD effect works as expected. Thanks, Zac!

Version Update: 1.13
    Fixed: Cast button not showing up on spell add

Version Update: 1.14
    Removed AW fields from the CT and the char sheet in favor of @MeAndUnique method of using a widget for a cleaner look. Also should eliminate the extension conflicts associated with playing in those spaces. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Version Update: 1.14
    Removed AW fields from the CT and the char sheet in favor of @MeAndUnique method of using a widget for a cleaner look. Also should eliminate the extension conflicts associated with playing in those spaces. Thank you!
    A widget? How do I access the information now? I was using the combat tracker exclusively.

Quote Originally Posted by wframe View Post
    A widget? How do I access the information now? I was using the combat tracker exclusively.
    The widget is visible if the actor has any Arcane Ward HP. You an hold shift and use the mouse wheel to adjust the value if you need to. If the actor has no Arcane Ward HP then you won't be able to adjust.
    arcaneward.png

Thread Information