STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 10 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by jfg1984 View Post
    This took some getting used to on my part as well, because if you say ... pick up a level of bard and get "Spellcasting" then later multi-class into wizard and get "Spellcasting (Wizard)" ... then your bard spells will have the cast buttons but your wizard spells won't.

It's also worth mentioning that I've found not only does your "Spellcasting" in the abilities tab need to be spelled exactly like that ... your "Spells" power group in your actions tab needs to also be spelled exactly like that. If either of those two things are different, the cast buttons will not show up.
    True. All by design as I didn't want to mess with character sheets for people who don't want that stuff. I can however probably relax some of this strict matching as it seems to be causing more questions. I'll look at it this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    True. All by design as I didn't want to mess with character sheets for people who don't want that stuff. I can however probably relax some of this strict matching as it seems to be causing more questions. I'll look at it this weekend.
    Maybe adding all of the "Spellcasting (Class)" from abilities and "Spells (Class)" spell powers from actions would be helpful, because once you get into multi-classing this is the format the base 5E ruleset seems to use when it adds the new class feature and spells to your abilities and actions tabs, and it's probably not intuitive for most to think they need to go in and delete what the base game filled in for them.

I should probably just make a video sometime but hope this helps. You need to turn on the spell powers buttons in the first screenshot. The players also need Spellcasting for the buttons to show up as seen in the second screenshot. Spellcasting needs to be spelled just like that. FG will add Spellcasting to characters created with standard WoTC cannon (PHB TCoE etc). If you are converting and importing a character from somewhere else or using a 3rd party class then all bets are off if the conversion is right. The third screenshot shows how it looks with the cast powers button.
    I have done exactly what you have suggested. But still only the rogue gets your buttons. Invyoyr second image you have an arrow pointing to arcane ward in the features. Where did get that from? Is that what is missing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoranDob View Post
    I have done exactly what you have suggested. But still only the rogue gets your buttons. Invyoyr second image you have an arrow pointing to arcane ward in the features. Where did get that from? Is that what is missing for me.
    You don't need Arcane Ward for the power buttons to show up. Last thing is probably what @jfg1984 is saying. The spells need to be in the power group "Spells" it has to match that exactly. If it's something like "Spells (Wizard)" it won't show up. I'll relax these strict requirements the next update so it causes less confusion for people.

You don't need Arcane Ward for the power buttons to show up. Last thing is probably what @jfg1984 is saying. The spells need to be in the power group "Spells" it has to match that exactly. If it's something like "Spells (Wizard)" it won't show up. I'll relax these strict requirements the next update so it causes less confusion for people.
    That did the trick. Thanks!

Version Update: 1.5
    Fixed: Proper fix for Ruleset change
    Fixed: CT alignment with Constitutional Amendments, Legendary Assistant, Combat Groups
    Fixed: Pact/Spellcasting buttons weren't always initializing to the correct slot type
    Fixed: Restricted cast as ritual to those with ritual casting
    Changed: Relaxed cast button requirement. Group Type must be spells. Feature spellcasting needs to be contained in feature name and not exact match

Does the group type work as long as spells is in the name or does it have to be "spells" exactly? Because in the event of a multi-class, FG is also keen to give you a "spells (wizard)" and a "spells (cleric)" for example as two separate group types so it can make the base spell casting ability scores intelligence for one and wisdom for the other, respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by jfg1984 View Post
    Does the group type work as long as spells is in the name or does it have to be "spells" exactly? Because in the event of a multi-class, FG is also keen to give you a "spells (wizard)" and a "spells (cleric)" for example as two separate group types so it can make the base spell casting ability scores intelligence for one and wisdom for the other, respectively.
    The toggle between Spells/Abilities:
    Attached Images Attached Images

The toggle between Spells/Abilities:
    Got cha! That makes it all much much easier, thanks!

Version Update: 1.6
    Changed: Extension icon and Cast different, better support for themes
    Added: Some checks so we don't fail when passed malformed data

Thread Information