FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 10 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Quick question: Does the casting button appear work for clerics and paladins or only arcane casters? I have 2 that are not seeing it but a Warlock and multi wiz/cleric who do. Thanks!
    Works with all casters. Make sure that the options to see those buttons are turned to "on" as they are defaulted to off. If the power group name is changed from "Spells" it also won't show up.

Pact magic isn't implemented yet as I still need to think about how I want to approach that one.

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Works with all casters. Make sure that the options to see those buttons are turned to "on" as they are defaulted to off. If the power group name is changed from "Spells" it also won't show up.

Pact magic isn't implemented yet as I still need to think about how I want to approach that one.
    Spells was the trigger, thanks! Yeah, the warlock is just going through the motions right now

I noticed a rather complex interaction between CA and Arcane Ward and Legendary Assistant. The box for AW shifts to cover the faction helmet when all three are loaded (s3.png below). In an attempt to fix it, I changed LA's load order to last. This works if AW is on (s2.png), but if I turn it off (s1.png) the AW box stays and the labels are shifted. I assume changing the load order is just a band aid. Given all three are interacting I thought I post in all three. I understand, due to the complexity of the interaction, it may not be resolvable but I thought I give it an ask.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That’s probably me. I’ll give it a look

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    That’s probably me. I’ll give it a look
    Thanks!

So finally glad this is a thing, saves me from trying to find the time to code it, and to be honest it was niche anyway so not a high priority.

However, I have found 3 things.

First, AW has a max hp and it doesn't seem to be enforcing that. As an example in my testing I had an Abjurer that had a 14hp (max on first cast) AW but when I cast shield and hit the button it added 2 more for a total of 16.

Second, when adding the AW to the sheets and having the abjuration buttons appear they don't appear on the cleric in the same campaign, not sure if that is conflict or not but nothing showed that I can find in the logs to allude to that. It does however appear to work on the Eldritch Knight though. The cleric is an Arcane cleric in case that matters.

Third, once I enabled the AW field and the Abjuration buttons I can't get rid of the latter. The buttons persist so I am not sure if your toggle is working correctly there.

One suggestion I might give is a video would be great on a demo as well as maybe creating a category in the settings menu specific to your extension, several others have done this and it makes finding your settings much easier but I know the value of following conventions already set too... maybe prefix them so they are easier to find? Dunno, just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Slagmoth View Post
    So finally glad this is a thing, saves me from trying to find the time to code it, and to be honest it was niche anyway so not a high priority.

However, I have found 3 things.

First, AW has a max hp and it doesn't seem to be enforcing that. As an example in my testing I had an Abjurer that had a 14hp (max on first cast) AW but when I cast shield and hit the button it added 2 more for a total of 16.
    Ah.. that is a subtlety I overlooked. I'll fix that

Second, when adding the AW to the sheets and having the abjuration buttons appear they don't appear on the cleric in the same campaign, not sure if that is conflict or not but nothing showed that I can find in the logs to allude to that. It does however appear to work on the Eldritch Knight though. The cleric is an Arcane cleric in case that matters.
    If I was to guess the spell group was renamed to something else. The group(s) needs to be the default "Spell" for the buttons to show up. If this is the case it is the second time someone has raised the issue so I'll add to the documentation or take a look at a more robust code solution.

Third, once I enabled the AW field and the Abjuration buttons I can't get rid of the latter. The buttons persist so I am not sure if your toggle is working correctly there.
    I'm not sure I follow. Can you provide steps to reproduce?

One suggestion I might give is a video would be great on a demo as well as maybe creating a category in the settings menu specific to your extension, several others have done this and it makes finding your settings much easier but I know the value of following conventions already set too... maybe prefix them so they are easier to find? Dunno, just a thought.
    Yeah that is kind of which way do you go with group or not to group. I was heading in the group direction while I was looking at supporting pact magic spell slots so look for that in an update. Video? maybe, we will see.

So my Arcane cleric has no renamed categories short of the domain spells by level just for convenience and separating them out as they are always prepared anyway. Just easier book keeping.

I enabled the option that gave the Abjurer the action buttons for the abjuration spells and they show up. You know the ones that show which are abjuration spells and it consumes a spell slot and "heals" the AW? If I toggle that option of the AW windows disappear as expected but those little buttons persist.

So my Arcane cleric has no renamed categories short of the domain spells by level just for convenience and separating them out as they are always prepared anyway. Just easier book keeping.

I enabled the option that gave the Abjurer the action buttons for the abjuration spells and they show up. You know the ones that show which are abjuration spells and it consumes a spell slot and "heals" the AW? If I toggle that option of the AW windows disappear as expected but those little buttons persist.
    Ok, so it does show up on the Cleric, I just didn't scroll down. It doesn't show on the Domain spells but that would be expected as I have them set up based on your explanation.

The Abjuration buttons still persist although that appears to have been there when you load the extension so maybe it is a non-issue, although maybe it should be included in the options menu?
    Last edited by Slagmoth; June 24th, 2022 at 02:36.

So is there any plan to add an action button to remove the AW from its owner and apply it to a target that expires at the end of that turn? Talking about the extending ability at higher levels.

Thread Information