DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 10 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by eriktedesco View Post
    Hi Rhagelstrom, has this extension be implemented in GrimPress Automatic Series or is it a separate extension altogether?
    It is pretty stand alone but will integrate into Automatic Series or any other for that matter pretty seamlessly. I'll see if they want to add native support for Project Ward but setting that up is only a matter of adding a power with an effect ARCANEWARD

When it comes to spells and slots being removed, some spell have only effects and not casts. Is there a possibility that we can get slots removed when the effect button is used for the spell? Thanks!

In the current iteration (when toggled on) you get a button for each spell to consume slots - regardless of any other buttons (cast, effect, dmg, or cure). A blue wizard hat for abjuration spells or an orange flame for all others.

Integration into a CAST button would be epic. (Saving the extra click.)

Quote Originally Posted by estrolof View Post
    In the current iteration (when toggled on) you get a button for each spell to consume slots - regardless of any other buttons (cast, effect, dmg, or cure). A blue wizard hat for abjuration spells or an orange flame for all others.

Integration into a CAST button would be epic. (Saving the extra click.)
    I saw that but I did not put together it is adding them even to spells that don't have a cast icon. Very cool!

Same for me, until Rhagelstrom corrected me. I love the variable icons on the buttons between abjuration and not abjuration too.

Like many of us, I use a ton of extensions, and always have to remind my less savvy caster players about the difference between CAST and (Capital Gains) SPEND/GAIN Resource buttons - which share the same d20 icon (and, oddly, don't populate the text box like dmg and cure do). That's another reason I think Rhagelstrom aced this one.

Version update: 1.3

Added better visual support for spell slot usage
    Added ability to change the text in Arcane Ward trait to support 3rd party class. The text "equal to twice your wizard" can be changed to "equal to twice your <homebrew>" and the text "+ your Intelligence modifier" can be change to "+ your <ability> modifier" where <ability> is an ability

For some reason, the extension doesn't appear to be working for me... I can see the ward and edit it for the character, but when the wizard takes damage, it goes straight to the wizard's hit points, bypassing the ward; this occurs even when I'm not running any other extensions. Is this the intended functionality?
    Last edited by Fingersome; June 7th, 2022 at 12:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Fingersome View Post
    For some reason, the extension doesn't appear to be working for me... I can see the ward and edit it for the character, but when the wizard takes damage, it goes straight to the wizard's hit points, bypassing the ward; this occurs even when I'm not running any other extensions. Is this the intended functionality?
    UPDATE 1: It appears this is caused by an extension conflict. I'll do some experimentation to figure out what's causing the problem....

UPDATE 2: Having tried a few things to see what causes this in a fresh test campaign, it doesn't appear that it's caused by an extension conflict, but perhaps from updating from a previous version of Arcane Ward...?

UPDATE 3: I have solved the riddle and the answer was very simple. I renamed the class ability (as I usually do, out of habit) thus the extension became broken because it was looking for a class feature that wasn't there.
    Last edited by Fingersome; June 7th, 2022 at 14:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Fingersome View Post
    UPDATE 1: It appears this is caused by an extension conflict. I'll do some experimentation to figure out what's causing the problem....

UPDATE 2: Having tried a few things to see what causes this in a fresh test campaign, it doesn't appear that it's caused by an extension conflict, but perhaps from updating from a previous version of Arcane Ward...?

UPDATE 3: I have solved the riddle and the answer was very simple. I renamed the class ability (as I usually do, out of habit) thus the extension became broken because it was looking for a class feature that wasn't there.
    Yes it checks for a number of things. If there is a Trait "Arcane Ward" parses the text for the class and ability modifier. Treats "abjuration" spells different than other schools and the spells need to be in the Spells group. Renaming those things is likely to make arcane ward not work. Glad you got it working

Quick question: Does the casting button appear work for clerics and paladins or only arcane casters? I have 2 that are not seeing it but a Warlock and multi wiz/cleric who do. Thanks!

Thread Information