STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last

5E - Arcane Ward

Current Version: 1.16
    Updated: 02/28/23

Arcane Ward is Fantasy Grounds extension for 5E that automates the School of Abjuration trait Arcane Ward. Also mostly automates legacy NPCs with the trait Arcane Ward. This extension also helps automate and track spell/pact slot usage. This extension is useful even if no one in the party is an Abjuration Wizard.

• An Actor can use their own arcane ward to protect another Actor with the effect ARCANEWARD
    • You can upcast your spell or cast it as a ritual by holding shift and clicking the cast/arcane ward button
    • Holding control and clicking the cast/arcane ward button will switch between Spell Slots and Pact Magic Slots. Must have "Spellcasting" and "Pact Magic" features.

Notes:
    • A PC character must have the feature "spellcasting" for the cast buttons to appear.
    • A Warlock must have the feature "pact magic" for the cast buttons to appear for pact magic.
    • An Abjuration Wizard must have both features "spellcasting" and "arcane ward".
    • If a character has the feature "arcane ward", the cast powers buttons will always be enabled regardless of the option settings.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/635/view

History
    Initial
    Fixed - Issue with CT labels on host
    Fixed - Compatibility with Spell Action Info (thanks Zarestia)
    Added better visual support for spell slot usage
    Added ability to change the text in Arcane Ward trait to support 3rd party class. The text "equal to twice your wizard" can be changed to "equal to twice your <homebrew>" and the text "+ your Intelligence modifier" can be change to "+ your <ability> modifier" where <ability> is an ability
    Feature: Added support for pact magic and multiclass pact magic/spellcasting. Hold control and click cast button to switch between spellcasting slot and
    pact magic slot. Added option to use pact slots as default. Must have both Spellcasting and Pact Magic
    Feature: Added a spacer on the power page so all the buttons line up
    Fixed: Visual CT misalignment of AW when using Constitutional Amendments and Legendary Assistant
    Fixed: Ceiling on Arcane Ward based on when first activated after long rest
    Changed: Moved Arcane Ward options to its own group "Arcane Ward"
    Hotfix: Header change ActionDamage.applyDamage in 5E ruleset
    Fixed: Proper fix for Ruleset change
    Fixed: CT alignment with Constitutional Amendments, Legendary Assistant, Combat Groups
    Fixed: Pact/Spellcasting buttons weren't always initializing to the correct slot type
    Fixed: Restricted cast as ritual to those with ritual casting
    Changed: Relaxed cast button requirement. Group Type must be spells. Feature spellcasting needs to be contained in feature name and not exact match
    Changed: Extension icon and Cast different, better support for theme
    Added: Some checks so we don't fail when passed malformed data
    Fixed - Conflict with Constitutional Amendments client CT from ruleset changes
    Fixed: Performance optimizations; Fix heal as damage
    Fixed: Script Error/Conflict Spell Action Info
    Last edited by rhagelstrom; February 28th, 2023 at 23:59.

I've start play this game today, this game is good

Version Update: 1.2
    Fixed - Compatibility with Spell Action Info (thanks Zarestia)

Firstly, I played around with this solo (no session until Mon): fantastic!

Second, the "consume a spell slot" feature is a fantastic add. With that said, and to (unfortunately) sound greedy and uninformed about the effort you put in...

...how hard would it be to make that consume slot button appear for all casters who use slots? "IF abj do Ward math & consume slot; IFN abj just consume slot"?

It seems (maybe I misread it), but it checks for class: wizard, not just ability:arcane ward, right? Thus meaning you couldn't homebrew a class with arcane ward and have it work...right?

Quote Originally Posted by estrolof View Post
    Firstly, I played around with this solo (no session until Mon): fantastic!

Second, the "consume a spell slot" feature is a fantastic add. With that said, and to (unfortunately) sound greedy and uninformed about the effort you put in...

...how hard would it be to make that consume slot button appear for all casters who use slots? "IF abj do Ward math & consume slot; IFN abj just consume slot"?

It seems (maybe I misread it), but it checks for class: wizard, not just ability:arcane ward, right? Thus meaning you couldn't homebrew a class with arcane ward and have it work...right?
    If you play with the options, you can turn on the consume slot for all spell casters. It doesn't do pact magic slots but I could probably add that. I have a caster who I'm pretty sure more often than not forgets to check the spell slot used. Having it in line with the power I think will lessen that as well as I'll get a notification now when it is checked off.

It does check for wizard as it needs to know the class lvl to do the calculations correctly and also deal with multicasting. I had the same situation as the wizard in my campaign is a reskin "runewalker" so that is also a valid class. If you need to have the same exception you can unzip the ext, search for "runewalker" and add the same in there. I can try to think of a more generic way to handle home-brew classes.
    Last edited by rhagelstrom; May 27th, 2022 at 14:44.

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    If you play with the options, you can turn on the consume slot for all spell casters. It doesn't do pact magic slots but I could probably add that. I have a caster who I'm pretty sure more often than not forgets to check the spell slot used. Having it in line with the power I think will lessen that as well as I'll get a notification now when it is checked off.

It does check for wizard as it needs to know the class lvl to do the calculations correctly and also deal with multicasting. I had the same situation as the wizard in my campaign is a reskin "runewalker" so that is also a valid class. If you need to have the same exception you can unzip the ext, search for "runewalker" and add the same in there. I can try to think of a more generic way to handle home-brew classes.
    Pact would be great! I also, have multiclass players with both regular slots and pact, so logic to take pact first might be something to look at as well?

I'll look at those settings!! Faaaancy indeed!!

Abilities include a "source" field in the DB for the character containing the name of the class the feature came from. So you could possibly use that to determine class level in a generic, homebrewable fashion.
    My Forge creations: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/crafter/9/view-profile
    My GitHub: https://github.com/MeAndUnique
    Buy me a coffee: https://ko-fi.com/meandunique
    Discord: MeAndUnique#6805

Quote Originally Posted by MeAndUnique View Post
    Abilities include a "source" field in the DB for the character containing the name of the class the feature came from. So you could possibly use that to determine class level in a generic, homebrewable fashion.
    I was looking at the Trait itself. I could just parse the whole trait then people can change the wording and adjust it however they would like.

I was looking at the Trait itself. I could just parse the whole trait then people can change the wording and adjust it however they would like.
    Hi Rhagelstrom, has this extension be implemented in GrimPress Automatic Series or is it a separate extension altogether?

Thread Information