DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Slayveen View Post
    Would you mind listing any active themes or fonts you are using? I am unable to repeat this result in the default theme/font for Swords and Wizardry.
    It looks like you hit the nail on the head. It is the theme causing the issue. I am using Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness - Hearth Edition in the screenshot. I tried a few other themes, and the words are in all capital letters. I'll submit a bug in Sir Motte's thread. Sorry for the false alarm.

I've been playing S&W for years, but I am new to the ruleset in Fantasy Grounds, so I apologize if this is already covered somewhere else. I'm not sure if this is a "ruleset" or "rule book" issue, but, I have noticed an odd behavior with NPC records when viewing them and later adding them to the combat tracker. I've made a video showing it here:

https://youtu.be/tNonLTARZtU

If the video doesn't work, here are the quickest steps to recreate what I am seeing:

1. Load the S&W ruleset and at least the Monsters and Spells & Magic modules.
    2. Open the NPCs window and find a monster that has records in both the Monsters book and the Spells & Magic book. I'll use the Bugbear for my example.
    3. Click on the Bugbear record from the Monsters book.
    4. When the window opens, you should notice that the original record now shows as modified in the NPCs list.
    5. Say to yourself "Gee, I don't remember changing that record..."
    6. Right click on the Bugbear record and choose Revert changes from the radial menu.

At this point, reverting the changes modifies the Bugbear's hit die to 0. If you add a "reverted" creature to the combat tracker you will get a console error stating:
    Code:
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "Swords and Wizardry:..ts/CombatManager2.lua"]:76: bad argument #2 to 'random' (interval is empty)
    The error goes away if I close the campaign and re-open it. This only seems to happen for creatures that are listed in both books, so I suspect that has something to do with it. Either way, it is a pretty easy issue to work around. I just have to resist the temptation to revert changes on records I haven't modified.

I'm not around but I bet the spells module has no HD in the field. I'll check out when I get home. I'll also make sure you don't get that error. I can script around it. Thanks again for the detailed explanation

Ok so no idea why reverting is causing that. It is not something I can control because that it is a Fantasy Grounds program issue. The control has a default value so maybe that is causing it... But no idea really. I am going to try to re export as read only and see what happens

I did alter the script so it wont throw an error when adding to the CT if it sets die to 0.

Update: Exporting as a read only appears to fix the issue. Once we get Matt to update you will need to revert the entire module in your library.
    Last edited by bayne7400; March 25th, 2023 at 19:29.

Bayne, Apologies. I originally posted this in the Whitebox thread and moved it here for clarity. I saw that you posted you were looking into it. Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Bayne,

Hope you are well. My Rappan Athuk conversion using the S&W ruleset continues. Finishing up the The Cloister of the Frog God today. Zelkor's Ferry is already done, so next step is a review of what I've done and then onto Level 1: The Lair of the Dung Monster.

Anyway, I noticed a possible minor error. There is a discrepancy between the S&W Complete book description of Vampires and the FGU description. I've used bold to indicate the discrepancies.

Here is the FGU Ruleset for an 8 Hit die Vampire (Note: the other HD vampires all have the same description):

HD 8; AC 2[17]; Atk bite (1d10 + level drain); Move 12 (fly 18); Save 8; AL C; CL/XP 11/1700; Special: +1 or better magic weapon to hit, charm gaze (as charm person, –2 save), gaseous form, killed only in coffin, level drain (2 levels with hit), regenerate (3hp/round), shapeshift, summon bats or wolves.
    Here is the description of Vampire Abilities in the S&W Complete Book

Vampires are some of the most powerful of undead creatures. They can only be hit with magic weapons, and when “killed” in this way they turn into a gaseous form, returning to their coffins. They regenerate at a rate of 3 hit points per round, can turn into a gaseous form or into a giant bat at will, and can summon a horde of bats or 3d6 wolves out from the night. Looking into a vampire’s eyes necessitates a saving throw at -2, or the character is charmed (per the Charm Person spell). Most terrifyingly, a vampire’s bite drains two levels from the victim.
    TLDR: FGU says a vampire can summon rats instead of bats and has shapeshift without specifying gaseous form or giant bat. These are minor changes and for all I know could be deliberate. Recommend changing to stats to be in line with the S&W Complete rulebook. Thank you for your consideration.

V/R
    TheMetal1
    Fantasy Grounds II Ultimate License Holder
    Castles & Crusades Ruleset
    Savage Worlds Deluxe Ruleset
    Mutants & Masterminds 3e Ruleset
    Dungeons & Dragons 5e Ruleset
    Pathfinder 1e Ruleset
    Dungeons & Dragons Classics - AD&D 1e/2e Ruleset
    Dungeon Crawl Classics Ruleset
    Swords & Wizardry Ruleset

Currently Running: S&W Complete (Blackscale Lagoon)

Vampire: HD 7; AC 2[17]; Atk bite (1d10 + level
    drain); Move 12 (fly 18); Save 9; AL C; CL/XP
    10/1400; Special: +1 or better magic weapon to
    hit, charm gaze (as charm person, –2 save), gaseous
    form, killed only in coffin, level drain (2 levels
    with hit), regenerate (3hp/round), shapeshift,
    summon rats or wolves.

That is the stat block in the manual Matt sent me

There is a vampire in operation WhiteBox WW2 so make sure you are looking at correct NPC version.
    Last edited by bayne7400; April 9th, 2023 at 11:52.

Bayne,

Thanks for looking into it. My reference is the Swords & Wizardry Complete PDF (Blue Erol Otus Cover), so it is likely dated. I recently picked up the kickstarter box set and am waiting for the physical copy to arrive. However, the PDF states the following:

Vampire
    Hit Dice: 7–9
    Armor Class: 2[17]
    Attacks: Bite (1d10 + level drain)
    Saving Throw: 9, 8, or 6
    Special: +1 or better magic weapon to hit, charm
    gaze, gaseous form, killed only in coffin, level
    drain, regenerate (3hp/round), shapeshift, summon rats or wolves
    Move: 12/18 (flying)
    Alignment: Chaos
    Challenge Level/XP: 7 HD (10/1,400), 8 HD
    (11/1,700), 9 HD (12/2,000)
    So you are spot on and I am in the wrong with my old copy of rules! I think Bats are more thematic, but rats work.

On another note, the S&W Rulebook Kickstarter is ongoing, and there is discussion of moving to another license. Are there any changes going to be implemented with the ruleset when S&W moves from OGL to the new license?

Second, very minor correction. Helm of Reading Magic and Languages states: "The wearer of the helm caHn read all languages, including magical script. Usable by: All Classes."

Recommend spelling correction of "caHn" to "can."

As I find these typos, I'll post here. If that is ok.

V/R
    TheMetal1
    Fantasy Grounds II Ultimate License Holder
    Castles & Crusades Ruleset
    Savage Worlds Deluxe Ruleset
    Mutants & Masterminds 3e Ruleset
    Dungeons & Dragons 5e Ruleset
    Pathfinder 1e Ruleset
    Dungeons & Dragons Classics - AD&D 1e/2e Ruleset
    Dungeon Crawl Classics Ruleset
    Swords & Wizardry Ruleset

Currently Running: S&W Complete (Blackscale Lagoon)

Ok thanks. Updating for his KS is not on my radar right now but I'll keep you posted.

Thread Information