DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
    So a few things happened. Frog God does not own SW and I believe they are moving to make stuff for OSE. There was a split and Matt took SW core rules when he left Frog God games. The old adventures I believe are at Frog God Games still. (I am not 100% certain)

Second Potter and I intended to make this a general white box OSR ruleset and provide the content on the Forge. That is why you can toggle between games in the options menu and it actually changes the character sheet and rollers. At first everyone agreed to move forward but then Drivethru RPG language changed a bit with regard to exclusive rights non exclusive rights and VTTs. Basically these small game makers would have had to give up money to port their game on FG. Their DTRPG sales are >>> then any sales they would get on FG. So that's why only Operation White Box is officially supported and we never released White Star or Eldritch Tales. Although both should function on this ruleset.
    Operation WB

I will continue to support this ruleset and if people have suggestions I will try my best to incorporate them. Both SW and OSE are similar in what they can do. OSE gets more updates because frankly more people play it and I get more feedback on it. I personally do not plan on making more content for this ruleset. However if anyone else wants to and publish it on the forge I will do my best to support it.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by bayne7400; February 6th, 2023 at 18:57.

I knew that Matt Finch had taken back control of S&W, and - yes - Frog God still sells the S&W versions of the adventures, but I'm uncertain of whether or not they will continue to release Lost Lands stuff for S&W. It would be a shame if they didn't, but I realize how niche that is in comparison to 5e. I wasn't aware of the DriveThru changes however, thanks for making me aware.

I like OSE, and I'm a Patreon of Gavin's for Dolmenwood, so I may continue down that road - though, honestly, it came out at a time where I was already deeply into Labyrinth Lord and Lamentations at my 'real life' tables (it seemed a bit redundant in that aspect, though the layout is a thing of beauty). The releases from Necrotic Gnome make OSE a far more tempting option - so I thank you in helping me narrow my decision

bayne7400,

I'm working on Rappa Athuk for the S&W Ruleset. I'm familiar with creating Items, encounters, NPCs, etc. However, how do I create spells?

As an example, in the Bandit Group 5 encounter - Turane and his trolls, the wizard has "stinking cloud" as a spell. Likely a holdover from the 3.X version. What I'm doing with spells is dropping them in an NPC's powers section, that way the Referee can see the spells in the Combat tracker. My first thought is to create the spell in the powers area of the NPC. But I wanted to see if there was another way I could do this so I don't have to recreate it every time (or in this case, whenever stinking cloud appears I pull up Turane and drop/drag it to the NPCs that needs it.

Any thoughts or guidance on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Fantasy Grounds II Ultimate License Holder
    Castles & Crusades Ruleset
    Savage Worlds Deluxe Ruleset
    Mutants & Masterminds 3e Ruleset
    Dungeons & Dragons 5e Ruleset
    Pathfinder 1e Ruleset
    Dungeons & Dragons Classics - AD&D 1e/2e Ruleset
    Dungeon Crawl Classics Ruleset
    Swords & Wizardry Ruleset

Currently Running: S&W Complete (Blackscale Lagoon)

There is a spell menu on the sidebar. If you bought the books they have over 100 spells already input. Spells are drag and drop.

Buy this and all your dreams may come true..

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/649/view
    Last edited by bayne7400; February 11th, 2023 at 02:27.

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    There is a spell menu on the sidebar. If you bought the books they have over 100 spells already input. Spells are drag and drop.

Buy this and all your dreams may come true..

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/649/view
    +1 to this! Already picked it up using those features. I also picked up the hardcopy and PDF of S&W Complete. I appreciate the tip about the spells being in the sidebar.

And, because of this, I just realized that you CAN create spells with this feature! Thank you again. I'll keep you posted on my progress. Just finished the Bandit Groups. (Page 22 of 497 of the PDF, but progress is progress!)
    Pathfinder 1e Ruleset

How does one show a racial or class bonus to savings throws for the Halfling of +4 to Magic under the "Abilities" tab? I can see the increase in the Halfing's missile bonus on the "Main" tab, but nothing is showing under the "Abilities" tab. The Dwarf's +4 to Magic doesn't show either,

It didn't auto-populate when I dropped in the Halfling or the Dwarf race. It does it for the Magic User's ST bonus, the Clerics ST bonus, the Monks ST Bonus, and the Druid's ST bonus.

Also wanted to double check that you still have to manually input it for in game saving throws, which is no issue for me. The PC needs to remember that! However, having it in the abilities section is a good reminder for the player.
    Pathfinder 1e Ruleset

Right by saves there is a magnifying glass. You can enter custom saves in there.

Saving throws are automated if triggered form casting a spell. If that is what you are referring to.

First, thank you for pointing out the magnifying glass for ST. This feature will be helpful.

Second, apologies for not being clear!

My concern is that I think there is a ruleset issue/oversight/bug (or just me being ignorant!) with racial abilities.

Racial abilities for Savings Throws for Halflings and Dwarfs do not appear anywhere on the Character Sheet.

Other racial skills, like the Elven ability to find secret doors appear in the "Abilities" Tab under "Skills." The racial ability for enhanced senses, like Darkvision for elves, half-elves, and dwarfs, all appear under the "Main" Tab under "Senses."

The class abilities for the Saving Throw bonus work fine. They appear automatically in the "Abilities" Tab of the PC Character sheet under "Class Abilities." Examples of this are the Thief's or Magic User's savings throw bonus. There should be something similar on this tab for the racial savings throws, but there is not.

I'm reaching out to see if this was an error or if it is only occurring on my computer. Let me know thanks!
    Pathfinder 1e Ruleset

You open the magnifying glass and add it like this. SW only has one save. You can use this so people will not have to remember to put a +4 in the modifier box each time they roll a save against magic. The player can just click it. The racial skills and abilities are hard coded in based on SW RAW. I use a series of tables. I will also add that submenu for saves was added for a different White Box OSR game I incorporated into the ruleset (After I did SW). My original intent was to always have the player know how to play his character and use the modifier box. If you have a request for something that's great just let me know.
    Attachment 56191

Bayne7400,

I'm trying to find the link to the "Table 17: Thieving Skills" (found on page 25 of S&WC PDF Ruebook). I looked under both the "Thief" class link and the "Thieving Skills" link. Unfortunately, they only describe the skills, they do not show the required roll per level/advancement. I went under images and for the Swords & Wizardry Players Manual, and again nothing, though they do have the assassin thief skills. There was nothing to be found under the reference manual for the Players Manual either.

Maybe I missed it. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
    Pathfinder 1e Ruleset

Thread Information