5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Seeing a lot of lag when creating LOS

For some reason I am seeing a lot of lag when trying to create LOS on maps. It's making things very difficult and frustrating as I am not able to line things up. Is anyone else seeing this?
    Last edited by Temmpest; May 24th, 2022 at 02:26.

I haven't seen any recent reports of that specifically, but perhaps a zipped up copy of the campaign, the map in question, and a few pictures or video of where you are trying to add LoS might help us look into it.

Thanks,
    JPG

You have too many occluders on a very large map. Use the simplify tool to select points and remove unnecessary ones. Double click a point to select the occluders connected to that point and then click a couple of times on the Simplify Selected Occluders button. See the before and after images below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Would it be improper to suggest /imagequality and /VSYNC commands might also help.

You're right, it's a big map and there are definitely a large number of occluders. I will cut down on them. Thank you!

So, I deleted all of the occluders from the map and I am still having issues. Could it be because of the size of the map? No,never mind, it can't be, because I had no issues when I placed the original occluders. This issue just started happening with the latest update.

I created a fresh campaign and am having no issues. I'll just try creating a new campaign. Thanks for your trouble.

Ok, I figured out that I was using a mask layer. Once I removed that it started working like normal. (I don't usually use a mask with LOS, but I was using it here due to the size of the map).

Thread Information