FG Spreadshirt Swag

Automatically relate items to Parcels?

Unless I am doing something wrong, I notice that items in parcels lose their connection to the parcel they came from once they go in the player's inventory. Is there a way to automatically tie the item to the parcel to keep track of where the item came from or does need to be entered manually for each item?

The item that goes into the inventory is a copy of the item - not the item itself. So there's no way to track where it came from. Out of curiosity why is such tracking needed?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The item that goes into the inventory is a copy of the item - not the item itself. So there's no way to track where it came from. Out of curiosity why is such tracking needed?
    I used to play with a GM back in the day who kept track of items by assigning them a unique code so that he could track where the item came from to ensure it is a valid item. Something along those lines.

All you do is create an item - say bag of holding - then you drop the link to the parcel (usually I name it same as item) in the items description - then you drop the item "bag of holding" into the inventory - and when you open it up the parcel link can be clicked on to show what is "in it". I do this with my map parcels, there is no reason it should not work with normal FGU parcels.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; May 24th, 2022 at 19:18.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thread Information