5E Character Create Playlist

New Licensed Content

What's the best place to watch for upcoming content fo FG? I know you can input any ruleset on your own, but I love the time savings from purchasing a fully completed and supported system. Been running the Alien RPG and the available FG content has been great. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    These things are not usually announced until they are actually released. Because they are done by third parties and not SmiteWorks themselves, often times things get started, but never make it all the way through You might get hints of what is upcoming by watching this thread; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...antasy-Grounds

But by no means is that all encompassing. For instance, I'm involved in an effort that if all goes well will bring Frontier Space to FG. But other than having permission, we have just begun on the ruleset and have yet to do any product/book conversions. You will also find threads on the forums like the one for Rappan Athuk for 5E, that's a huge project and hopefully it will come to fruition, but as you can see, it's been in the works for a long time. edit: Also their is a serious effort on Shadow of the Demon Lord, but I have no idea on a time frame when it might be seen. And I'm sure, others.
    Last edited by LordEntrails; May 23rd, 2022 at 17:46.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Subscribe to the newsletter. It announces new releases.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I would imagine that if you scheduled regular dumptrucks to show up at Doug's house with cash I would imagine you could get this info ahead of time. Just as a speculation of course, and not that I have done this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My0h2PZfxC8

Interview with the FGU Devs for Alien.

Also, watch FG Fridays when you can.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

As lots of different people convert/develop products for FG in their spare time it can be difficult to track what's going on and also, as mentioned, some things that start never get completed.

Some of the specific rulesets have threads in their sub-forums giving details of what's been released and some give updates on products going through the development cycle. A couple of examples are:

Pathfinder Second Edition: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...version-Status
    Traveller: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tore-amp-Steam
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the info. Signed up for the Newsletter and will poke around the other resources you provided. I guess I'm not clear on how licensed content is created. Is it community driven? I would have thought the licence holders (Paizo, WotC, etc) and SmiteWorks come to some sort of financial agreement, and then the FG devs work to make the system happen within the app.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BVoodoo17 View Post
    Thanks for the info. Signed up for the Newsletter and will poke around the other resources you provided. I guess I'm not clear on how licensed content is created. Is it community driven? I would have thought the licence holders (Paizo, WotC, etc) and SmiteWorks come to some sort of financial agreement, and then the FG devs work to make the system happen within the app.
    For the big publishers, SmiteWorks (SW) have direct licensing agreements with them. And SW might actually do the conversion themselves, but most of the time they have a small pool of community members who do the conversions for them. Then for the other publishers, their is a larger pool of converters that SW will help connect with to do conversions. And then for some publishers, the IP holders will actually contract with their own converters/developers (such as NErd Eye Games for Start Trek Adventures).

I think it is the wiki link that Trenloe linked that details this.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    (such as NErd Eye Games for Start Trek Adventures).
    I'm still rather disappointed at the state of this one (ie: the resounding silence on their part)

Thread Information