Starfinder Playlist

DEMO Party Connectivity Issues with My Ultimate Account

Hello Smiteworks. It has been suggested that I post here, so here goes.
    I purchased the Fantasy Grounds Classic game. A couple of months later, Unity came out and I was offered a discount so I purchased Unity since it was the platform of choice going forward. Six days ago, I upgraded my Unity to Ultimate. I have a number of players, a couple of them financially unable to buy their own version. So, I have multiple licenses. (I know that Classic and Unity are not compatible, that is not happening.) In our group's first test-run last night, I opened up my campaign and went through the process of getting my seven players logged on using their new Unity DEMO accounts. One player got in and everything was great. Player number two, my son who lives with me, is unable to do anything with his Unity DEMO. He can attempt to log into other games. It blocks him and says he needs a password or that they have reached the number of DEMO accounts. Unfortunately, he gets nothing when trying to enter my campaign. It just gives the info, attempting to connect. We finally, after several tries, left it running to see if it was just slow. After about twenty minutes of not connecting we gave up. I never was notified that he was attempting to enter. He gave up and number three attempted to log on. I still have one in and he was unsuccessful as well. So, number one signed in from Austin Texas, to me in Atlanta, Georgia. Number three, in Houston, Texas, tried to sign in. He received a message that we had reached the limit of DEMO accounts playing. No one else could log in. Number one logged out and number three logged in. Successful. Now number one can't log back in, getting the message about too many DEMO accounts. I logged out and confirmed which KEY I was using, it didn't matter. I'm at a loss for what I need to do.

I've received help in the past, thanks to both MaggiusDel and Aussie Hope for that. You have a really great and helpful community. I usually don't need a lot of help, but there's a pretty steep learning curve here and I apologize for having to ask, especially if this is something routine that I missed.

Welcome to the FG forums. Sorry you're having issues.

What does the top right of the main FG launch screen say? If it doesn't say v4.2.0 ULTIMATE (2022-05-17) you need to make sure your new Ultimate license key is entered in the Settings window, then Save and do an update. The ultimate license doesn't automatically get applied, you need to enter the new license key and run and update.

If you've confirmed that your installation says you're running the ULTIMATE version and players still can't connect, then please post the logs for the GM and a player who fails to connect immediately after a failure. Details on how to collect the FGU logs can be found in the Wiki here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...o+Compile+Logs
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 20th, 2022 at 16:18.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you, Trenloe, for your fast response. I have updated the newest KEY and am hopeful it will now work properly when we attempt our new test tonight.
    If I need additional help, I will follow your instructions and download the logs. Have a great weekend.

As long as the of Fantasy Grounds Unity is showing "ULTIMATE" you should be OK. I assume it was showing "STANDARD" before you entered your Ultimate key and ran an update?

Have a great weekend too!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Just to close this out. It is an issue with my son's computer. We have NO IDEA what the issue is. Fantasy Grounds is the only thing that doesn't work; DEMO or Unity Standard. Because he has whitelisted the executables that you directed and he is still unable to get in, we tried his account on a different computer. He got in just fine.
    So, with that in mind, it is obviously not FGU. We're just scratching our heads here. As for the problem with Unity Ultimate not letting more than one DEMO join, that was because I needed to update my license in settings. After that, it converted to Ultimate in the top right corner and I had no more issues with DEMO's joining my campaign.
    Enjoy your holiday weekend. Thank you for all your assistance.

Blog Entries
    I assume your sons computer is on the same network as yours/the hosts? Have you tried having him connect via your internal IP address? Or was the send computer you tried already in the same network?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information