5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Thread: Big Portraits

Big Portraits

If you want support for a ruleset, just DM me or write a post below.

Forge: Link

This extension modifies the top of the character sheet to show a bigger portrait. Thus the character sheet needs to be a bit larger.

The portrait size in the chat is also bigger as is the size the top left portrait when a player selected their character.

--------------
    General Tip (independent of this extension and not needed)

For the best possible quality of tokens on a map, do the following (once per character in combat tracker - needs to be redone if character is readded into combat tracker)
    1. Open the Assets
    2. Navigate to the portrait
    3. Drag the portrait onto the token field of the character on the combat tracker.

See this image for a clarification:
    Last edited by Zarestia; February 25th, 2023 at 23:07. Reason: typo

Great idea, thanks for sharing!

Also, fwiw, if you want the better token quality to persist between CT removals and additions you can also drag directly to the token field on the character sheet.
    My Forge creations: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/crafter/9/view-profile
    My GitHub: https://github.com/MeAndUnique
    Buy me a coffee: https://ko-fi.com/meandunique
    Discord: MeAndUnique#6805

Quote Originally Posted by MeAndUnique View Post
    Great idea, thanks for sharing!

Also, fwiw, if you want the better token quality to persist between CT removals and additions you can also drag directly to the token field on the character sheet.
    Oh yeah, true. I've set the token to invisible for my own campaign so that didn't occur to me

I've created a repo for this extension. You can find the extension code on my GitHub page (see link in signature).

Hey,
    Cool extension
    Any plans for an option, for the bigger portrait to be only visible on the main page?

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Hey,
    Cool extension
    Any plans for an option, for the bigger portrait to be only visible on the main page?
    Thanks. That is not really possible because the portrait is not part of the main page.
    From a code perspective, everyhting above "senses" in the screenshot in the first post is it's own page, Main, Skills, etc. are just subpages which are below the portrait window.

I hope that makes sense.

Ok gotcha
    Thanks for explaining.

Good Day Zarestia
    I just used this with my group tonight and they all loved it. I did note one thing, when a smaller portrait is placed on the sheet you can still see portions of the white background and some of the "Click to add" behind them. Is there a way to just leave the portrait section blank, or do I need to figure out a way to increase the size of the portrait?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkon View Post
    Good Day Zarestia
    I just used this with my group tonight and they all loved it. I did note one thing, when a smaller portrait is placed on the sheet you can still see portions of the white background and some of the "Click to add" behind them. Is there a way to just leave the portrait section blank, or do I need to figure out a way to increase the size of the portrait?
    Thanks.
    Smaller portraits scale just fine for me. Portraits need to be a square so take a look at your image aspect ratio.

Good Day Zarestia
    Thanks for the quick response!
    It was odd, if I used the jpg I had saved in my portraits folder (which actually showed the words sticking out), I would see the words sticking out on the character sheet. I downloaded the same jpg from the internet and used that one and it was fine.

Hi Zarestia,
    Thanks for creating this, I really enjoy how the character sheet looks now.
    Can you make your extension compatible with 5E - Death Indicators (Extended) FGU? When both extensions are used, the Name field overlaps the big portrait, probably because the Death Token occupies some space at the end of that same row.

Here is the link for the Death Indicators extension: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/8/view

Thread Information