DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Missing file

Missing file

After updating I got this: Cannot find H:Fantasy GroundsU\FGUpadaterEngine\FGUpdaterEngine.exe. Was the file moved or deleted?

I went into another copy of FG that I have on the computer found the missing files and copy pasted them back into the directory then re ran the updater and watched as the updater deleted the files. Any idea what is going on and is there a way to fix this or is the updater actually not working correctly as of today?

I am able to log in and start my games up but if I try to update FG it will not do so and just puts up the Cannot find message.

This is more than likely your anit-virus/security software thinking the updater isn't trusted and deleting it. Set an whitelist for the file in your security software.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

My security software has not been updated in the past month +, I update FGU at least once a week and this has never happened before. I also get a pop up on my Anti virus if it suspects anything and asks if I want to delete the file or not. This did not happen the files just got deleted. I do not think this is the issue.

Just turned off my anti virus to test this and still have the same issue. As soon as I update it deltes the files. Also I was able to update today and this issue started right after the first update.

Ok further testing: Just tried to download a fresh copy over my existing folder of FGU and I get the same message. I went ahead and made a new copy in a diffrent location and it downloaded just fine. I guess I will have to move everything to a fresh install to fix this but something went wrong with the updater today.

FGU.jpg Get this when I try to reinstall in my old folder

Quote Originally Posted by Merell View Post
    My security software has not been updated in the past month +, I update FGU at least once a week and this has never happened before.
    This doesn't mean that your anti-virus isn't deleting the FG updater now. And even disabling an anti-virus usually doesn't completely stop the security applications - otherwise viruses could disable anti-virus! But, let's not worry about this now - but keep it in mind as a potential issue if other investigations don't help.

What directories are you using for the FG application and the data? Please provide a screenshot of the FG settings window -> Advanced screen.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok problem fixed and it wasn't the anti virus. I'm not sure what program but I am assuming the updater somehow hung up in the background and was causing issues, at least some program was. I got a message when I tried to reinstall again that it could not complete because it was being used by some other program. I couldn't find what program it was being used in so I restarted my computer. When I got back in I was able to reinstall FGU in my old folder and everything is working as normal. Sorry for the thread, if you want you can lock it or delete it. And thanks for trying to help with the issue.

Glad you got it sorted out. We'll leave the thread in case it might help someone else in future. Thanks for posting the end issue and solution.

Same issue around the same time, so +1 fwiw

Thread Information