FG Spreadshirt Swag

Unskilled Spells

I'm just starting SWADE so forgive me if I'm missing something obvious. Character has spellcasting to d8. However when he chooses his power (bolt) on the Power tab, it shows as d4 unskilled (-2 in the little bubble). I figured out how to manually set the die to a d8, but how do you get rid of the "unskilled". Shouldn't this all be automatically based on the spellcasting skill on the Traits tab?

Quote Originally Posted by Mansquatch62 View Post
    I'm just starting SWADE so forgive me if I'm missing something obvious. Character has spellcasting to d8. However when he chooses his power (bolt) on the Power tab, it shows as d4 unskilled (-2 in the little bubble). I figured out how to manually set the die to a d8, but how do you get rid of the "unskilled". Shouldn't this all be automatically based on the spellcasting skill on the Traits tab?
    Sometimes you have to drag the new Power onto the Arcane Background on the Powers Tab. Otherwise, right click the Power and edit it to match the correct Arcane Background.

Have you added the edge: Arcane background?

You have added an Arcane background to the PC sheet?

Not the edge but an Actual Arcane Background, found by clicking the Arcane Backgrounds button on the Powers Window?
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thread Information