5E Character Create Playlist

Ambient Lighting and Mask

I was trying to mask the ambient lighting to cover a building, it works because it covers the structure, but this building has windows that allow you to see inside, but when I place the character it goes "blind" when it is inside this masked area and I believe that that wasn't supposed to happen.
    To facilitate understanding, I will make a video soon, and this video will have the part of occluders and ambient lighting.

Blog Entries
    Mask blocks all light and vision. Sounds like it is behaving as expected, but will wait for a video or pictures to be certain.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

You will be able to see out of a building which is masked but not see into the mask. This assumes that you haven't masked too much of the outside of the building such that the window is actually inside the masked area rather than on the edge of the masked area.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Providing a 28 minute video without any further details isn't going to make it easy to help you.

Please identify exactly where the issue occurs - timestamp (mm:ss) please and describe the exact issue - what you'd expect to see, and what you're actually seeing.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yako,
    Masked off areas block all ambient light, even through windows. Once a character goes into the masked area it's as if it's in total darkness unless you've added additional lights or they have a vision that can see in the dark. Some folk get around this by creating lights outside of the building, other lights won't be blocked by the mask and will give you that kind "light from outside" look, but if you change the ambient lighting you'd need to update all those lights to match. It looks like this is how the mask is behaving in your video.

Yes, that's exactly what happens, it's in the dark and only light sources or different types of vision allow you to see in the mask area, that is, it acts as a "standard" mask and I imagined that it would block the type of ambient lighting inside a building .

Yeah, the mask blocks all the ambient lighting, if a character can't see in the dark, and there are no lights they're blind. This is the expected behaviour.

Thread Information