FG Spreadshirt Swag

End of round heal effect - cannot get it to work

Trying to create an effect, applied via a spell, to heal the target X amount at the *END* of their turn for a given number of rounds.

After adding a "Spell/Ability Effect" - Fast Healing (FHEAL and Regeneration (REGEN always occur at the start of the round so they don't work. When I create a HEAL: effect with a duration and drop it on a character it does nothing. I even tried using a negative number with persistent damage (PERS - I admit I wasn't surprised by the result.

After adding a "Spell/Ability Heal" - No joy, only works at the moment it is dropped on the character and there is no option to add a duration.

Obviously I can just drop a heal on the character at the end of each of their rounds and tick off the duration on a piece of note paper, but that is less than Ideal.

Am I missing something? Or am I stuck?

Thanks

Fast healing and regen work as per RAW - start of round.

To the best of my knowledge there isn't an automation effect for end of round healing, largely because such effects are AFAIK pretty scarce in the rules.

What are you trying to automate that you need end of round healing for?

Trying to automate the Enveloping Light tattoo (Grand Bazaar pg. 38 - Archive of Nethys at: https://2e.aonprd.com/Equipment.aspx?ID=1290).

I agree it is not common. Although Grand Bazaar is, technically, in FGU as of April 19th ...

Well, that's for that person's turn, which isn't likely of late to be interruptible. At least I've not encountered anything yet in my running of the game that has the ability to stop this effect from going off. So the start of their turns healing should be fine as of now.

Yeah, I have been using Fast Healing for that exact tattoo.

The only time it's likely to make a difference is if they provoke an AoO on their turn and 1d4 hit points would make the difference between conscious and not, which is a very narrow circumstance. I don't think it hurts anything to just give it at the start of their turn.

I guess that will work. A 1d4 heal button for the round they activate it with the fast heal and light effects expiring at the end of round 5. (Or maybe 4 ... I'll have to check ... )

Thread Information