FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Last edited by RRFG; May 17th, 2022 at 23:52.

New version is up that adds Magic Items to Items sidebar menu.

This looks fantastic!! I'm really excited to try it out There's just one thing I'm a little confused on, probably because I'm a dum dum lol. The 1st step in the readme says "Copy `module_maker.exe` into the unzipped Portable Compendium directory (default will be `/Portable Compendium New`. It will use the data files in the `/sql` subdirectory to create modules."

I'm not sure what you mean here by unzipped Portable Compendium directory. My Portable Compendium has been unzipped since I downloaded and used it for Valkyrion's thing, do I need to rezip it to make it work with yours? Or maybe I'm just missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by qunitvineu View Post
    This looks fantastic!! I'm really excited to try it out There's just one thing I'm a little confused on, probably because I'm a dum dum lol. The 1st step in the readme says "Copy `module_maker.exe` into the unzipped Portable Compendium directory (default will be `/Portable Compendium New`. It will use the data files in the `/sql` subdirectory to create modules."

I'm not sure what you mean here by unzipped Portable Compendium directory. My Portable Compendium has been unzipped since I downloaded and used it for Valkyrion's thing, do I need to rezip it to make it work with yours? Or maybe I'm just missing something?
    No I just meant to drop the module_maker.exe (and optionally the run_all.bat) into the same directory as the Portable Compendium exe file as it looks for the 'sql' subdirectory to read the data files.

Have added Races and Classes options so you can drag & drop e.g. Racial Features to the 'Abilities' tab (or even the entire Race or Class rules element).

I don't think the parser parses these during play, so it maybe of limited use in terms of automation.

If Races or Classes are being exported, any Powers associated with that Race or Class will also be included in that export to avoid broken links, even if the --powers option is not used.

Because -r is now used to export Races, Rituals option is now -u, so use the updated 'run_all.bat' if you are using the supplied one.

Also fixed a bug where the 'NPCs by Level/Role' was instead displaying monsters alphabetically, and also improved Magic Item parsing.

Will edit the first post with details of the new options.

Hey, I just noticed this thread. I can confirm that Skelekon has massively improved this over other FG module parsers.

First of all, this is incredible and I can't thank you enough.

One thing I noticed was whenever I tried to drag a full discipline power onto a character sheet, FG would go into a Not Responding state and I ended up having to force quit it. It seems this is because of the linked powers as when I remove them, it's fine.

I'm not sure if this necessarily has anything to do with this tool, but wanted to bring it up.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Wink182 View Post
    First of all, this is incredible and I can't thank you enough.

One thing I noticed was whenever I tried to drag a full discipline power onto a character sheet, FG would go into a Not Responding state and I ended up having to force quit it. It seems this is because of the linked powers as when I remove them, it's fine.

I'm not sure if this necessarily has anything to do with this tool, but wanted to bring it up.

Thanks again!
    Oops, I never noticed that was happening.

I think because the powers were linked to one another FG was going into an infinite loop, as when you add a power to a PC it also adds any linked powers to that PC.
    So adding the Attack Technique makes it add the Movement Technique, which makes it add the Attack Technique, which makes it add the Movement Technique, etc

Solution was to only add linked powers to the first power in any given Compendium entry.
    So adding an Attack Technique will now add the Movement Technique, but not vice versa.
    Also adding e.g. 'Grease' will also add the 'Grease Attack Power', etc.

This also works for Feats that grant Powers, so adding e.g. a Channel Divinity feat to the Feats Ability tab will automatically add any granted power to the Powers tab.

You should just need to download the new module_maker.exe and rebuild the library containing the Powers to implement the fix.

Thanks!

One more thing I noticed. When dragging a magic weapon or implement onto a character that has additional critical damage, the crit die isn't populated on the combat tab.

My solution for this in the past was to format the "Critical" line of the weapon as "1dX critical damage" or "1dX cold critical damage" instead of "1dX damage" or "1dX cold damage". However, I'm not sure this is the correct solution. Just what I've done in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Wink182 View Post
    Thanks!

One more thing I noticed. When dragging a magic weapon or implement onto a character that has additional critical damage, the crit die isn't populated on the combat tab.

My solution for this in the past was to format the "Critical" line of the weapon as "1dX critical damage" or "1dX cold critical damage" instead of "1dX damage" or "1dX cold damage". However, I'm not sure this is the correct solution. Just what I've done in the past.
    Thanks for the advice - some preliminary testing shows that replacing the 'damage' literal with 'critical damage' indeed does the job.

I'll push out a new release tomorrow after I make a new build and do a bit more testing.

Thread Information