Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Module loading issues.

I can't seem to load any of my dm's modules. Despite the other players being able to. I've checked my firewalls, uninstalled and installed twice, and made a new account and I can't get it to load the modules. Any Ideas? Any help would be much appreciated!

Blog Entries
    Welcome, sorry you are having problems.

A few things;
    First, try to get logs from your DM and yourself at the same time, 10 minutes or so after you try to load one of there modules.
    Second, what exact behavior are you seeing? How long are things taking?

Some more question
    What operating system are you using?
    Have you checked the system logs for any errors?
    Have you checked the folder permission on your FG Data directory?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Alright I'm going to do the logs suggestion when dm gets online. And the behavior is that the srd and basic manuals for 5e load immediately, but none of the others load at all. That is after giving it time as well. As for operating system, I just up(de)graded to windows 11. I can imagine that being a problem, because I was able to load all of the modules from a previous campaign. However I can't clearly recall if I had gotten windows 11 before or after doing that. No error logs on my side, just that the file request was made. No response afterwards from the system. Will get back to you after checking fg data directory permissions.

Hopefully these logs help if anyone is ok to look at them.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by firaja View Post
    Alright I'm going to do the logs suggestion when dm gets online. And the behavior is that the srd and basic manuals for 5e load immediately, but none of the others load at all. That is after giving it time as well. As for operating system, I just up(de)graded to windows 11. I can imagine that being a problem, because I was able to load all of the modules from a previous campaign. However I can't clearly recall if I had gotten windows 11 before or after doing that. No error logs on my side, just that the file request was made. No response afterwards from the system. Will get back to you after checking fg data directory permissions.
    I also checked folder permissions and all are checked except special permissions and i couldn't find a way to change that if that's what i need to do.

If you look at the console.log files on both the GM and the player side, you'll see this sort of thing:

* The player client sends a file request (NETWORK SEND FILE REQUEST)
    * The GM client receives a file request (NETWORK RECV FILE REQUEST)
    * The GM client sends the requested file (NETWORK SEND FILE)
    * The player client does not receive the files at all.

This means that something on the network of either the GM or player is blocking the file send after it leaves the GM client, but before it reaches the player client. File blocking is almost always (95+%) related to some sort of security software or Internet router security setting that is specifically blocking certain types of files from being transferred (router SPI filtering, router traffic throttling (QoS or other), router parental blocks, router ad blocking, software ad blocking, software parental blocks, etc.).

If the issue occurs for all players, then it's typically related to a setting on the GM machine or network. If other players are connecting just fine and it's only one player affected, then it's typically related to a setting on the player machine or network.

Since you mentioned that it's only not working for you, I would review the Network Troubleshooting FAQ to help you review settings on your Internet router or machine that might be blocking download of certain types of files (i.e. usually images).
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...roubleshooting

Regards,
    JPG

Hey so returning with a fresh mind we tried a hotspot on my end and I still couldn't load any modules. And I have given full permissions to the application and checked my internet settings and nothing is deliberately halting the files from coming to me on my end. Are there any other possibilities?

Have you tried in a new campaign without extensions? I doubt that extensions would have an impact but it's a good idea to eliminate the possibility. Try also with minimum shared content (say the PHB only to start with), and then get the DM to add more one book at a time. Looking at the log files your DM has shared a lot of duplicate stuff like the SRD and basic rules which aren't needed if you have the PHB.

Without viewing the log files again it's hard to say what the problem is (and the logs won't actually show why you aren't getting the files - just that you aren't getting them). You don't say either what your router or ISP is doing. Some router settings )like flood protection for example) will limit file transfers and some ISP 'security' software will also do similar things.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yeah we've gone through and tried what you suggested, and to no avail. I also looked into my isp and such and found I don't have any of those settings on. (or I can't turn it off cause it seems to be unfindable..) I'll call my ISP directly to try, but as I said I tried hotspoting from my phone and it still didn't work. :/

If you have eliminated your ISP and router then that really only leaves something on your computer such as anti virus software or anti malware programs or maybe even ad blockers.

It's strange that some things get through and others don't That very much sounds to me like flood protection or some form of throttling. But I'm no expert in networking issues.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information