FG Spreadshirt Swag

Temporary Ability Score Adjustments

So, one of the things my players have trouble with after a longish campaign is remembering what portion of their ability scores are naturally created, adjusted permanently by books, or adjusted while wearing items like a Belt of Giant Strength.

I figured the way to solve this was to create an effect like:
    Belt of Giant Strength; STR: 2 enhancement.

But that seems to only work in combat because its associated with the combat tracker. It doesn't adjust carrying capacity, etc.

Alternatively, I guess I could enter -2 in the STR dmg column...

What does everyone do to solve for this? How do you adjust ability scores for items so it affects things like Skills, etc.? Would be nice to have a misc modifier column.
    Last edited by swbuza; May 10th, 2022 at 15:39.

Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder

I normally just use CTRL+mousewheel on the ability score to create a temporary adjustment - you'll see the modifier appear as a bubble.

See "Temporary Modifiers" in the Wiki here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...#Number-Fields
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    bmos has an extension that handles that. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...manent-Bonuses
    Perfect. Exactly what I was looking for.

Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by swbuza View Post
    So, one of the things my players have trouble with after a longish campaign is remembering what portion of their ability scores are naturally created, adjusted permanently by books, or adjusted while wearing items like a Belt of Giant Strength.

I figured the way to solve this was to create an effect like:
    Belt of Giant Strength; STR: 2 enhancement.

But that seems to only work in combat because its associated with the combat tracker. It doesn't adjust carrying capacity, etc.

Alternatively, I guess I could enter -2 in the STR dmg column...

What does everyone do to solve for this? How do you adjust ability scores for items so it affects things like Skills, etc.? Would be nice to have a misc modifier column.
    You can by the way also edit the carrying capacity There is a magnifying glass next to it, and there is a box for adjusting the strength value

Not needed in your situation but just in case you want to calculate the carrying capacity while also having a temporary buff or so (when you really need to use an effect, though effects are also useful for stacking purposes (if there would not be the distinguish of permanent and temporary bonuses in PF1))

Thread Information